By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOUR: Possible Nintendo Direct on May 7th?

Wyrdness said:
Cloudman said:
Well, looks like this is a bust. Though in a way, we did get something news worthy today from Nintendo.

In regards to the rumour no it's not a bust yet as it never actually said a Direct was going to happen on May 7th that was the OP who said that, the actual rumour said online details would emerge which they did and got things quite spot on.

Not quite spot on. An exact release date of September 24th was not given, they're not using Discord for voice chat, and while they did say no more VC, they didn't say it was being replaced.

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
Wyrdness said:

In regards to the rumour no it's not a bust yet as it never actually said a Direct was going to happen on May 7th that was the OP who said that, the actual rumour said online details would emerge which they did and got things quite spot on.

Not quite spot on. An exact release date of September 24th was not given, they're not using Discord for voice chat, and while they did say no more VC, they didn't say it was being replaced.

He didn't say discord was being used though he just said through an existing chat service and that discord is the most popular indicating that they may had been looking into options before sticking with the app he didn't actually say it was being used.

Wyrdness said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

He didn't say discord was being used though he just said through an existing chat service and that discord is the most popular indicating that they may had been looking into options before sticking with the app he didn't actually say it was being used.

Even if you wanna read it like that, spot on still isn't correct. Even if it was 100% correct, that doesn't mean the rest of the rumor is anymore likely to be true. But fine, wont say the E3 part of the rumor is bust just because the online bit wasn't perfectly accurate. Will however still say it's a bust due to the E3 rumors being utter nonsense. I think it's clear that the original 4chan source got wind of the online service info dropping May 7th but knows nothing beyond that. They tried to put that one morsel of truth inside a sandwich of BS to make the whole thing believable and gain temporary fame. It's the March direct all over again.

Last edited by Lonely_Dolphin - on 08 May 2018

CaptainExplosion said:
Guess this thread's coming to a close, since yesterday we got no direct but news about Switch online subscriptions.

The actual link says nothing about a Direct on the 7th, just that Nintendo would release info about the online service on that date.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

CaptainExplosion said:
zorg1000 said:

The actual link says nothing about a Direct on the 7th, just that Nintendo would release info about the online service on that date.

Then it's confirmed. :)

I wouldnt go that far but it does give the leak some credibility.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
Wyrdness said:

Even if you wanna read it like that, spot on still isn't correct. Even if it was 100% correct, that doesn't mean the rest of the rumor is anymore likely to be true. But fine, wont say the E3 part of the rumor is bust just because the online bit wasn't perfectly accurate. Will however still say it's a bust due to the E3 rumors being utter nonsense. I think it's clear that the original 4chan source got wind of the online service info dropping May 7th but knows nothing beyond that. They tried to put that one morsel of truth inside a sandwich of BS to make the whole thing believable and gain temporary fame. It's the March direct all over again.

Fact is he's got more right than some want to give him credit for even predicting the day online details would be revealed whether the rest is true remains to be seen but as it stands official events have backed his claims whether you want to dismiss the rest of what he says the rumour has shown to have some credibility.

Wyrdness said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Fact is he's got more right than some want to give him credit for even predicting the day online details would be revealed whether the rest is true remains to be seen but as it stands official events have backed his claims whether you want to dismiss the rest of what he says the rumour has shown to have some credibility.

No one is denying that they were right about the date, but again that isn't the end all. The E3 details aren't realistic and we've had leaks that got some things right but most everything else wrong before, these facts shouldn't be glossed over either.

shikamaru317 said:

Wow, this guy nailed it. He said that Nintendo would announce online details on May 7th and they did. He said that Virtual Console wouldn't come to Switch and he was right. Guessing his E3 leak is right as well then.

So, based on the name for Fire Emblem, Lustrous Daybreak, I'm guessing it's a remake of Radiant Dawn, or possibly a sequel to it? Lustrous Daybreak is just synonyms for Radiant Dawn afterall. 

Pokemon being a gen 1 remake wouldn't surprise me, matches with some earlier leaks as well as the leaked screenshot. Hopefully he's right about the graphics being midway between Sun/Moon and Pokken, because the leaked screenshot looked barely better than Sun/Moon, though maybe it was from an early build before they finished the graphics. 

That's exactly it, Lustrous Daybreak is the same name, which means it could only be a remake, but we already know Fire Emblem Switch is a brand new game. Even though the date turned out correct, this alone still debunks the E3 portion of the leak, especially when the rest of it is similarly flawed. The 3DS Pokemon games pushed the system to it's limits. Doesn't necessarily mean Pokemon will push the Switch in the same way, but it makes little sense that they suddenly cheap out on graphics for a series they know it's safe to put high production values into. Even Kirby got a huge step up from it's 3DS days, and they said Fire Emblem will aswell.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Wyrdness said:

No one is denying that they were right about the date, but again that isn't the end all. The E3 details aren't realistic and we've had leaks that got some things right but most everything else wrong before, these facts shouldn't be glossed over either.

shikamaru317 said:

Wow, this guy nailed it. He said that Nintendo would announce online details on May 7th and they did. He said that Virtual Console wouldn't come to Switch and he was right. Guessing his E3 leak is right as well then.

So, based on the name for Fire Emblem, Lustrous Daybreak, I'm guessing it's a remake of Radiant Dawn, or possibly a sequel to it? Lustrous Daybreak is just synonyms for Radiant Dawn afterall. 

Pokemon being a gen 1 remake wouldn't surprise me, matches with some earlier leaks as well as the leaked screenshot. Hopefully he's right about the graphics being midway between Sun/Moon and Pokken, because the leaked screenshot looked barely better than Sun/Moon, though maybe it was from an early build before they finished the graphics. 

That's exactly it, Lustrous Daybreak is the same name, which means it could only be a remake, but we already know Fire Emblem Switch is a brand new game. Even though the date turned out correct, this alone still debunks the E3 portion of the leak, especially when the rest of it is similarly flawed. The 3DS Pokemon games pushed the system to it's limits. Doesn't necessarily mean Pokemon will push the Switch in the same way, but it makes little sense that they suddenly cheap out on graphics for a series they know it's safe to put high production values into. Even Kirby got a huge step up from it's 3DS days, and they said Fire Emblem will aswell.

Im not saying youre wrong, i think the leak is fake as well.....but wouldnt being between S/M & Pokken be a huge visual leap?

zorg1000 said:

Im not saying youre wrong, i think the leak is fake as well.....but wouldnt being between S/M & Pokken be a huge visual leap?

In between S/M and Pokken is a very wide window, could mean it looks as good as PS3 game or only as good as a GCN game, but the big take away is that it doesn't look as good as Pokken. No way Pokemon Switch isn't on par with other 1st party releases I say.

shikamaru317 said: 

I personally don't think the Fire Emblem name single-handedly debunks it, it could just be a direct sequel to Radiant Dawn.

I wouldn't use him saying Pokemon's graphics are only a half step for debunking purposes either, Gamefreak are frankly kind of lazy. There's a reason why the DS Pokemon games look pretty much the same as the Gameboy Advance Pokemon games even though DS was a good bit more powerful. Halfway between Sun/Moon and Pokken is actually better graphics than I'm personally expecting, though obviously I'm hoping for Pokken tier graphics. The recent leaked screenshot barely looked better than Sun/Moon, hopefully it was fake (though I do hope they replaced random encounters with visible Pokemon and allow you to have your lead Pokemon out of it's ball like the screenshot suggests): 

A direct sequel using basically the same exact name, cmon who does that? Can't say Intelligent Systems does as Radiant Dawn while a bit similar isn't the same as Path of Radiance. Also logistics. Why make a sequel to a 10 year old game few have played and have to deal with whether or not it should be modernized?

Sure back then they might've been lazy in terms of graphics, but the more recent games are naturally more telling of their current plans, and the 3DS installments are among the best looking games on the system. On the flipside, content/quality/balancing have suffered a bit, so even if you still want to say they're lazy, it just means the little effort they do put in is focused on flash and style rather than substance. Also I've no doubt that screenshot is fake. It's just straight out of Sun/Moon with minor additions. Very easy to fake.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
zorg1000 said:

In between S/M and Pokken is a very wide window, could mean it looks as good as PS3 game or only as good as a GCN game, but the big take away is that it doesn't look as good as Pokken. No way Pokemon Switch isn't on par with other 1st party releases I say.

Sure but when i here something is in between two things i tend to assume that means like right in the middle.

Is it even possible for it to look as good as Pokken? Pokken is an arena fighter with a couple dozen characters vs a semi-open RPG with hundreds of characters.

I could be wrong but i just dont think Pokken level visuals is a realistic expectation.