By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOUR: Possible Nintendo Direct on May 7th?

They are probably going to release details about the online service around May 7th. But everything else is bs.

Around the Network

If Pokemon, Metroid, and especially Paper Mario are announced (and it is like the original two like the link says) I am going to flip out.

OTBWY said:
twintail said:

The info is E3.

Only the online isn't.

The confusion is that it looked like he was saying all the info would be confirmed on the 7th of may. I guess through the possible Online presentation on the 7th, it would validate his info.

I am still skeptical. 

You online thing is possible. Didn't Nintendo already confirm it would happen before E3?

But yeah I agree... I had to read it a 2nd time to realise that all the info was for 2 supposed events

Spyro and Crash in Smash ? Paper Mario ? Wario and Waluigi playable in Odyssey ?! Naaaaahhh ....

This guy probably smoked the same stuff one of my friends working at a video game retailer did. I just don't believe it.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I don't see why Paper Mario would be one of the first series to appear on Switch, especially since Colour Splash is so recent, it being made by a different team doesn't change the fact that it should be way back in Nintendo's plans

Around the Network
Luke888 said:
I don't see why Paper Mario would be one of the first series to appear on Switch, especially since Colour Splash is so recent, it being made by a different team doesn't change the fact that it should be way back in Nintendo's plans

Splatoon was a recent title when Switch was announced didn't stop the second game being an early title.

Wyrdness said:
Luke888 said:

Splatoon was a recent title when Switch was announced didn't stop the second game being an early title.

Splatoon also became one of Nintendo's biggest IPs with only one entry on their worst selling console ever . Colour Splash bombed

Luke888 said:
Wyrdness said:

Splatoon also became one of Nintendo's biggest IPs with only one entry on their worst selling console ever . Colour Splash bombed

Colour Splash sold around 900k which is the same amount Bayonetta 2 sold and the latter has a confirmed sequel so your notion still doesn't hold up here.

Luke888 said:

If it were to launch late 2019 that'd be a 3 year gap which used to be the normal timeframe between releases. However Color Splash despite following the same formula as Sticker Star and despite development starting immediately after, released 4 years later. I doubt their ability to have a faster turnaround especially when they said they'd be changing up the formula again.

But anyway why are we still discussing this obviously fake leak? :L

The E3 would be decent if real, nothing too huge like Animal Crossing, but I'd be satisfied with it personally. However, some stuff there screams fake to me:

-It says that Sonic is on foot in the Sonic Racing game, but the teaser trailer showed a car that was clearly Sonic themed, suggesting he will be in car like all the others.

-"Lustrous Daybreak", that's just synonyms for "Radiant Dawn", so unless it's a remake of Radiant Dawn the name sucks.