By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOUR: Possible Nintendo Direct on May 7th?

If they don't announce Chibi Robo on Fire, I'll sell my Switch.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

There are lots of rumors like this one all over the internet and more often than not they turn out wrong so I am not putting much stock in this one.

Although reading what the person on GameFaq said, he didn't really say that there would be a Nintendo Direct on May 7th, but rather the details of the paid online would be revealed then (we already know that info is coming sometime in early May based on what Nintendo themselves said so this). This could be done through a Direct or Mini-Direct, it could be done with a none-Direct related Video, or it may simply be done through a text-based press release on Nintendo's website. As for everything else, he seems to be saying that those will be in the E3 video.

To put things in perspective Nintendo's president apparently said at the shareholders' meeting information on the online will be coming in May.

https://www.gamnesia.com/news/nintendo-will-be-announcing-more-information-about-the-switchs-online-servi

CaptainExplosion said:
Wyrdness said:
To put things in perspective Nintendo's president apparently said at the shareholders' meeting information on the online will be coming in May.

https://www.gamnesia.com/news/nintendo-will-be-announcing-more-information-about-the-switchs-online-servi

Doesn't sound so fake now.

Um yes, yes it very much still does.

I'll need to see footage first, but on paper that E3 sounds unexciting.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Are they just going to drop it like the mini direct?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Welp, lesson learned I hope.

We definitely getting at least just online informations this week, maybe in Direct.

They could still just drop a direct randomly. If not I think it will be next Thursday.

Miyamotoo said:
We definitely getting at least just online informations this week, maybe in Direct.

Thinking about it have they ever had a direct that wasn't about games? I can't recall, so I think the online info will come in the form of a press release/twitter post. Let's face it, it wont be anything exciting enough to warrant a direct.

JSG87 said:
They could still just drop a direct randomly. If not I think it will be next Thursday.

Are you saying you still believe this fake leak has a chance of being real? Also you mean this Thursday I assume, cause next Thursday is the 17th which I wouldn't consider early May.