By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOUR: Possible Nintendo Direct on May 7th?

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Miyamotoo said:
We definitely getting at least just online informations this week, maybe in Direct.

Thinking about it have they ever had a direct that wasn't about games? I can't recall, so I think the online info will come in the form of a press release/twitter post. Let's face it, it wont be anything exciting enough to warrant a direct.

JSG87 said:
They could still just drop a direct randomly. If not I think it will be next Thursday.

Are you saying you still believe this fake leak has a chance of being real? Also you mean this Thursday I assume, cause next Thursday is the 17th which I wouldn't consider early May.

I'm just saying there is the possibility they could stealth drop the online direct.

Around the Network

Did the article ever say anything about a direct today? If news on the online service drops tonight, this person is still correct.

JSG87 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Thinking about it have they ever had a direct that wasn't about games? I can't recall, so I think the online info will come in the form of a press release/twitter post. Let's face it, it wont be anything exciting enough to warrant a direct.

Are you saying you still believe this fake leak has a chance of being real? Also you mean this Thursday I assume, cause next Thursday is the 17th which I wouldn't consider early May.

I'm just saying there is the possibility they could stealth drop the online direct.

If they stealth drop the online detail, it will be on their website with a small press release juste like the update on the Nintendo coin program, at least that’s what I expect from what they said in their investor meeting.

JSG87 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Well alright, we'll wait a bit longer until you have to put FAKE in the thread title.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Miyamotoo said:
We definitely getting at least just online informations this week, maybe in Direct.

It doesnt need to We had Amiibos, Amiibo Cards, VC...in directs, saying that, it doesnt need to be regular Direct, they can just release video. It relly depends what kind of inforamations they will give us, if they talk about VC also and show few VC games we could definatly have Direct.

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
JSG87 said:

Well alright, we'll wait a bit longer until you have to put FAKE in the thread title.

Okay okay. That's fair 😋

Miyamotoo said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

It doesnt need to We had Amiibos, Amiibo Cards, VC...in directs, saying that, it doesnt need to be regular Direct, they can just release video. It relly depends what kind of inforamations they will give us, if they talk about VC also and show few VC games we could definatly have Direct.

Pretty certain the directs they appeared in were about games. To the bolded, it doesn't depend, Nintendo said information about the online service. I guess games can be shown still, but there wouldn't be anything new to see. At most they could do a quick reel of the current online games and the NES/SNES games (not to be confused with VC) with added online play. So sure I do think it could be a short video, but if so it wont be labelled or presented like a direct.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Miyamotoo said:

Pretty certain the directs they appeared in were about games. To the bolded, it doesn't depend, Nintendo said information about the online service. I guess games can be shown still, but there wouldn't be anything new to see. At most they could do a quick reel of the current online games and the NES/SNES games (not to be confused with VC) with added online play. So sure I do think it could be a short video, but if so it wont be labelled or presented like a direct.

Like I wrote, it doesn't need to be regular Direct, at this point anything is possible.

Miyamotoo said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Like I wrote, it doesn't need to be regular Direct, at this point anything is possible.

An irregular direct would still be a direct, and you also said a direct is definitely possible. I just explained how we wont see a direct in any shape or form as those are always about games, not services or otherwise.

Btw if yal haven't already you should check out the comments in the gamefaqs thread. Tis a very interesting read!