By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo removes DKC Tropical Freeze from Wii U eshop

Mar1217 said:
Well, it's back ! Guess the tantrum from these 50 WiiU owners worked ...

(If only it could with Mother 3 too ...)

They can just take a fan-translated ROM and sell that, not sure why they haven't.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Mar1217 said:
Well, it's back ! Guess the tantrum from these 50 WiiU owners worked ...

(If only it could with Mother 3 too ...)

They can just take a fan-translated ROM and sell that, not sure why they haven't.

Though from what we heard, the translation has already been done. They just never dompt it for unknown reasons ...

(Maybe it's because they cried too much while playing it o_o)

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Though from what we heard, the translation has already been done. They just never dompt it for unknown reasons ...

Where did you hear that? I've never heard of an official translation being completed.

VGPolyglot said:
Mar1217 said:

Where did you hear that? I've never heard of an official translation being completed.

Every known leakers said so, most notable example, Laura Kate Dale.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

As I thought, it seems that it was a mistake. It did not make sense to do that, it is a game that is intended for those who did not have Wii U and at this point if someone does not have the best platformer game of the system, it is because he is not interested.

EDIT: I just checked that the game still does not appear in the Eshop but I keep my words. And in case it's not an error and it stays that way, then this was a very silly decision on the part of Nintendo.

Last edited by alejollorente10 - on 01 May 2018

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

Around the Network

Okay, I'm back; sorry for my absence, I posted this before heading to work and then slept, so I haven't had time to update it until now.

Being in PAL region myself I can confirm it's still online here, though I'm hearing conflicting reports about whether or not it's back up in the US, can anyone provide an official source?

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

Okay, I'm back; sorry for my absence, I posted this before heading to work and then slept, so I haven't had time to update it until now.

Being in PAL region myself I can confirm it's still online here, though I'm hearing conflicting reports about whether or not it's back up in the US, can anyone provide an official source?

I'm in America and I can confirm that the game still does not appear in the Eshop.

Source: My beloved and adorable Wii U.

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

Yeah, that is still pretty shady even though the Wii U is basically dead at this point. It would likely do nothing to the switch sales, so there was no need for this action, and yet it was still done.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I bought it day one on the WiiU. I planned on buying it day one on the Switch. This doesn't sit well with me, though. Not at all.

Twitter: @d21lewis

Just read the updates. I guess all is well.

Twitter: @d21lewis