By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Buying a console for one game?

I don't buy a console for one game. But regardless when FFXIII Versus got announced for PS3, I knew I had to own a PS3.

Around the Network

Can't say I would want to.

When I nabbed the Switch, I also nabbed multiple games on that same day, rather than simply sticking with the one game bundled with it.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Nope, i'd never buy a console for one or 2 games. Hence why i don't own an XBOne.

Last edited by Sixteenvolt420 - on 30 April 2018

I originally got Wii U to play Wind Waker HD, ended up enjoying several more titles on the system after that.

GBA for Pokemon, it was very worth it tbh. Now while Pokemon is the main reason I buy a Nintendo handheld I have a much more diverse taste of games to back up my purchase on top of that.

Around the Network

I've bought consoles for one game before,released or announced. I got and wanted a ps2 just because I heard about FFX, got a GC just because of Luigi's Mansion. Bought Switch for BOTW.

Mostly though I'll buy a console just because I expect something from it long term. Like PS4, i didnt buy for one game, but i knew sony would be bringing great things to it, so overall long term investment to me was gonna pay off

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Yes. I bought a Wii to play No More Heroes (huge fan of Killer 7). Beat it a few times, then traded in the Wii a few months later.

If you are gonna play the one game long enough that your dollar per hour entertainment investment is something you are ok with, go for it

Seventizz said:

Recently it was announced that H1Z1 will launch exclusively for the ps4.  Initially it was announced as such, but when Sony dropped the dev, they said this title would launch on Xbox as well.  A few months later, it was put on hiatus.  Now it’s back on the ps4 with an Xbox port on hold (or cancelled to counter PUBG potential Xbox exclusively?).  Now here’s my dilemma.  I want to play this game on a console, badly.  But if I bought a ps4, it’d be the only game I’d own, or want to.  I’m in a similar dilemma with the Switch.  I’d only own Mario Odyssey.  I can kinda live with that, but I’m torn with H1Z1.

Have you ever purchased a console for one game, or would you?

BTW, this new site layout is not IPhone friendly.  At least on the SE.

Hasn't H1Z1 "coming to PS4" been in the pipe for a few years now? If you're buying a PS4 for H1Z1 and not all of it's other amazing exclusives, then that'll make me the most bewildered person on this planet....

I bought a WiiU for Smash and regretted it. I bought a 360 for Lost Odyssey (loved the game) and regretted it. You shouldn't buy it if you only want to play one game, once you have had your time with it the console will just end up collecting dust, as my WiiU and 360 are now.