Forums - Gaming Discussion - Buying a console for one game?

Nope wouldn't do it. Up to u though - depends on if you think the game is really worth it.

Around the Network

Moral of the thread: exclusives move consoles.

Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism

I would never do that. Not even for Pokemon. The thing that causes me to buy into a platform is "Man, this platform looks so cool!" Which is why I skipped out on the PS4, Xbox One, and Wii U entirely (sorry, 8th gen fans. I thought all 3 consoles looked underwhelming). Ended up getting a 3ds and Switch because smartphone gaming was so shit that it really made me appreciate dedicated handhelds again, and a PC because... Do I really have to explain?

The only reason I bought a PS1 was for Final Fantasy VII. Of course, by time I got my first job back in the summer of 1998, the PS1 was already down to $150, and it got slashed to $130 that September, so it wasn't outrageously expensive for me. Of course, I did end up getting several other games for the system: Resident Evil 2, Colony Wars 1 & 2, Einhander, and Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete.

Seventizz said:
TranceformerFX said:

Hasn't H1Z1 "coming to PS4" been in the pipe for a few years now? If you're buying a PS4 for H1Z1 and not all of it's other amazing exclusives, then that'll make me the most bewildered person on this planet....

Prepare for bewilderment lol.  I’m more of an online gamer and I have no interest in other ps4 exclusives.

Although, what else does the ps4 have online wise that’s exclusive?  Please don’t bring up The Last of Us because I’ve played that on the ps3 and that was just a crawling simulator.  ;)

I don't think there is many GT sports, Bloodborne, DriveClub, Dissidia Final Fantasy, Let It Die spring to mind. Uncharted 4 also has a fun MP. Days Gone might have MP, though that has yet to be seen. 

And the bolded is not necessary, don't think because you put a wink that it's suddenly okay to troll a game.

Around the Network

Bought my switch for zelda. Even tho i had a wii u

I bought a Switch for SMT V so im guilty of this.

But for the PS4 dilemma I would look into some of the other Sony exclsuvies to see if any of them catch your eye before jumping into this.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

I've never bought a system for one game, but I do think some games are so transcendently great they're worth $200 or $300, e.g. Resident Evil 4, Final Fantasy VI, Breath of the Wild.

I wouldn't, though every single console has a couple of games that interest me. Maybe try to find one second hand on the cheap?

We all know Sony domination is a real thing and there is nothing Microsoft or Nintendo can do about it....

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

My advice is wait to see what's happening with H1Z1. The game has nothing to do with Sony now and if it does release on PS4 then it will most likely get an Xbox release soon after. It's just that it seems the Devs are having trouble doing a console port, and they were hit with lay offs recently. Don't commit to a console for a game that is having development problems, wait for it to release then see what happens