By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - New York, Paris, London or Tokyo?

What city do you prefer/want to visit the most?

New York 7 9.72%

Paris 10 13.89%

London 7 9.72%

Tokyo 48 66.67%

Total:72
contestgamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

Yes, that makes a lot of sense, diversity means that everything is the same.

When every country is equally diverse none of them are anymore. You no longer have distinct national cultures and identities, what you have a westernized, US style world. IS a country not allowed to say we want to be a country for our historical population? Can Romania not say that we want to be for Romanians? That offends you?

Yes, it does, because it creates an idea of nationalism which needlessly divides humans and cuses discrimination of minorities.

Around the Network

Been to three, so I suppose Tokyo! It looks pretty cool.

Gotta be honest, I wasn't blown away by Paris... the rest of France seemed so much nicer.

Never been to Paris or London, so between NY and Tokyo I'd say Tokyo. Although, I don't like big cities at all, and I've grown to really dislike Tokyo as a result. It makes me feel like a packed sardine. I do like Akiba though

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Been to Paris and London already, so I'll rule those out. Honestly, its a tie with New York and Tokyo (can't decide between the two).

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Easily Paris (NYC second). I have been fortunate enough to visit each city, and it easily takes the cake for me . London was okay, and Tokyo was incredible to visit, but I'm not sure I'd want to go back anytime soon.

Around the Network

My avy is the hint for my pick.

been to all, London is easily my favourite of those followed closely by Tokyo. Paris and New York are cities I would be happy to never have to visit again. Though none of those cities I would put in my top 10 places to visit. There are much better places to visit like Copenhagen, Edinburgh, Vancouver, Munich, Sydney, Reykjavík, Amsterdam etc etc.

The poll is ambiguous, but I live in NY, want to visit Tokyo, and love Paris.

celador said:
VGPolyglot said:

Well, you weren't subtle at all with that.

just what i believe. major western cities have less and less personality and are less unique by the year, and it's going to be more pronounced going forward. In 50 years Tokyo will still be unique and have it's own personality. I am not at all confident London, Paris or New York will

How can you say that? Paris is full of historic places connected to the french revolution. London has not only the buckingham palace but a whole street just for freemason lodges for example. Tokio is a nice city too for sure but just because they have anime shops doesnt make it better. Japanese people doesnt like foreigners at all. I dont know what in your mind is but dont think that japan is ANIME. Its not. And the people there just hate people outside of japan. And no, you would try to escape from tokio if you would live there just for a week. Its a difference to visit a city as a tourist and its a complete different story if you would have to live there. Its awfull.

I've been to London as a Tourist, I'm living in Paris. Never been to Tokyo or New York

I'd never want to live in any of this city, but much rather in the countryside , or a place disconnected from great city hub.

Cost of the life, price of living in these city is not appealing to me at all !