By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - New York, Paris, London or Tokyo?

What city do you prefer/want to visit the most?

New York 7 9.72%

Paris 10 13.89%

London 7 9.72%

Tokyo 48 66.67%

Total:72
VGPolyglot said:
celador said:
London is crap, Paris is going down the drain.
New York might be ok in the nice areas. But it's Tokyo by a mile. I have only been to one asian country, and I'd love to visit Japan. Great food, lots to do, and the fact that it's far more homogenous in its culture is appealing

Well, you weren't subtle at all with that.

Why bold the fact that he praised how its homogeneous? Is that not kosher in progressive circles anymore?...

Around the Network

Paris is most beautiful city.

Well this is a loaded questions lets be honest here.

Out of the 4 most will pick Tokyo.

New York too many guns and muggings
London / Paris have refugee problems, Paris being the worst with what I herd slums ever growing where there are streets full of mattresses and garbage.

contestgamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

Well, you weren't subtle at all with that.

Why bold the fact that he praised how its homogeneous? Is that not kosher in progressive circles anymore?...

It never was, not sure what you mean by anymore.

Cobretti2 said:
Paris being the worst with what I herd slums ever growing where there are streets full of mattresses and garbage.

ah, those have been pretty much cleaned up, since 2016 or so

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Around the Network

I mean, most will pick Tokyo because most people on this site are western and have dismal (and broadly unrepresentative) views of other western countries while having an idyllic view of the eastern developed nations, especially Japan. I find it honestly quite funny how many people seem to think the US is a blasted hellscape of racewars, guns, and classicism, where everyone one the street would as soon spit on you as talk to you. If I had a photo of the general portrayal to put next to a photo of reality it would probably look like comparing the streets of Baghdad circa 2009 to those idyllic pictures you see in tourist brochures. Not saying everything is roses but it ain't how it is often described. Not that European countries get a fairer shake from many Americans or other Europeans.

Personally, I've been to NY, pretty cool. Love to be able to spend enough time there to really see the sights. It's massive though so you gotta get a good feel for where you're going.

Parris and London would be cool for the history. Tokyo would be cool to get to be in a major city of a culture so greatly different from the ones I am usually exposed to. And there's some neat stuff to see. I would like to see all of them if I could. Not that there aren't other big cities and sites to see.

Tokyo by far.

VGPolyglot said:
contestgamer said:

so the entire world needs to the same? because diversity of everything and every place is actually the new homogeneity 

contestgamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

so the entire world needs to the same? because diversity of everything and every place is actually the new homogeneity 

Yes, that makes a lot of sense, diversity means that everything is the same.

VGPolyglot said:
contestgamer said:

Yes, that makes a lot of sense, diversity means that everything is the same.

When every country is equally diverse none of them are anymore. You no longer have distinct national cultures and identities, what you have a westernized, US style world. IS a country not allowed to say we want to be a country for our historical population? Can Romania not say that we want to be for Romanians? That offends you?