By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Shadow of the Tomb Raider handled by Nixxes Software, will collaborate with NVIDIA

Chazore said:
DonFerrari said:

I have nothing against you pointing the shortcomings of AMD, I'm not a defensor of them. I just found it that from the evidence we have that NVidia have been doing worse practice than AMD.

And perhaps I have expressed myself wrong for your last paragraph interpretation. I meant that I understand you not liking the bad performance you experienced in those games.

I'm on about both vendors shortcomings, not just one of them.

I don't like it when either side is lacking in performance, but I also dislike whenever a new card is marketed as being "strong" and then not being able to handle said tech that is marketed as being "well used" with said strong cards.

My one wonder out of this thread though is, if AMD decides to take on the same or if not higher bad practice than Nvidia, will they be held accountable, or simply defended because they are the "good guys". having seen what's gone on this gen with consoles, I don't really see AMD getting much if any rap for anything bad they could do in the future. One of my friends is already heavily deluded into thinking AMD is their best mate, and "down with the man" that is Intel/Nvidia. 

I do hope they are held accountable for any bad practice. And it is really bad for consumer to endorse companies bad practices.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
GOWTLOZ said:
Conina said:

Wow! Who would have thought in 2016 that God of War and The Legend of Zelda would become high rated games in 2017 and 2018?

Nobody even heard of these niche IPs before 2017... you are a real prophet!

Greetings from RDR2GTA6TLoU2

Did you see them doing 96 and 94 on Metacritic? Don't tell me that it was expected of them, people had their doubts for God of War and The Legend of Zelda wasn't expected to do that well. They aren't merely high rated games, they are the highest rated games as is Super Mario Odyssey which wasn't announced.

A MetaScore of 95+ ain't unusual for a Zelda game, neither is a MetaScore of 90+ for a God of War game... so yeah.

In light of recent events with Nvidia dropping their GPP program, I'd like to just post this recent piece of news regarding AMD (since some here are on the "AMD good guy" wagon).

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-bans-asrock-from-entering-european-gpu-market

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Conina said:
GOWTLOZ said:

Did you see them doing 96 and 94 on Metacritic? Don't tell me that it was expected of them, people had their doubts for God of War and The Legend of Zelda wasn't expected to do that well. They aren't merely high rated games, they are the highest rated games as is Super Mario Odyssey which wasn't announced.

A MetaScore of 95+ ain't unusual for a Zelda game, neither is a MetaScore of 90+ for a God of War game... so yeah.

Never said anything about unusual just I wasn't sure they'd get such amazing critical reception.

Darc Requiem said:
fatslob-:O said:

I don't cause it's their own damn fault for not focusing on winning in current benchmarks like they do with their RyZen CPUs ...

@OP I want them to make a push for the game with ray tracing tech in it ... 

That has nothing to do with what I said. Nvidia Gameworks intentionally runs poorly on AMD hardware. AMD makes all there tech opensource. A game developed for with AMD runs fine on Nvidia hardware. My next system will not be Nvidia. There anti-competitive bullshit is ridiculous at this point.

Well then I'll throw my support behind Nvidia. I hate it when people speak of anti competitive practices. Companies should do whatever it takes to maximize their profit, even if that means destroying the competition in the process. And I dont care if it leads to worse consumer outcomes, higher prices, etc. If a company was able to achieve it then more power to them. Nvidia should do whatever it takes to make AMD go bankrupt and vice versa.

Around the Network
contestgamer said:
Darc Requiem said:

That has nothing to do with what I said. Nvidia Gameworks intentionally runs poorly on AMD hardware. AMD makes all there tech opensource. A game developed for with AMD runs fine on Nvidia hardware. My next system will not be Nvidia. There anti-competitive bullshit is ridiculous at this point.

Well then I'll throw my support behind Nvidia. I hate it when people speak of anti competitive practices. Companies should do whatever it takes to maximize their profit, even if that means destroying the competition in the process. And I dont care if it leads to worse consumer outcomes, higher prices, etc. If a company was able to achieve it then more power to them. Nvidia should do whatever it takes to make AMD go bankrupt and vice versa.

They should do what ever it takes to put their competition out of business....legally. GPP was reminiscent of Intel's tactics that limited the use of AMD CPUs by PC manufacturers. Tactics that have them facing billions in fines.  It's a moot point now though. After the investigation into RAM price fixing, Nvidia suddenly canned the GPP. I wonder if they'll reimburse their AIBs for the money they spent setting up separate product lines....probably not.

Darc Requiem said:
contestgamer said:

They should do what ever it takes to put their competition out of business....legally. GPP was reminiscent of Intel's tactics that limited the use of AMD CPUs by PC manufacturers. Tactics that have them facing billions in fines.  It's a moot point now though. After the investigation into RAM price fixing, Nvidia suddenly canned the GPP. I wonder if they'll reimburse their AIBs for the money they spent setting up separate product lines....probably not.

It shouldnt be illegal to begin with. Intels tactics were a great idea too and should have been legal.

contestgamer said:
Darc Requiem said:

It shouldnt be illegal to begin with. Intels tactics were a great idea too and should have been legal.

You know what, i just realized who I was replying to. I'm apologize for wasting everyone's time.