By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Shadow of the Tomb Raider handled by Nixxes Software, will collaborate with NVIDIA

CGI-Quality said:
JRPGfan said:
"NVIDIA will lend its gaming and PC development expertise to help bring the PC platform’s advanced gaming features to Shadow of the Tomb Raider."

this crap always ends badly.... non (visible) sea map levels of tesselation ect.

Nvidia just does this so when benchmarks come out it favors their cards, and they always impliment something that ll work okayish with their cards, but purposefully run bad on amd cards.

Not that it matters if your playing it on a console, but for pc users (esp amd owners) this news sucks.

It may not be good news for AMD users, but it doesn’t ‘suck’ for PC users overall. Nixxes knows what they are doing, proving themselves with both TR2013 and Rise. It’s actually welcoming news for many of us.

Money talks.... nvidia comes in with a bag of money, and offer to put in some special nvidia code, and they just look the other way while hugging that bag of money.

it happends, and devs just dont care... its happend too often for us not to admit theres a patern here.
nvidia purposefully makes something run bad (demanding even on their cards) but the "upside" is that it runs much worse on amd cards.

And the reason why? so they can "win" in some benchmark BS score, in reviews => more cards sold (because people think them faster).

It skews the competition, when nvidia are basically "cheating" to win.

Around the Network

One of the biggest regrets In my life is that when I bought my GTX 970 Gigabyte card .. it came with a free copy of Rise of the Tomb Raider. I didn't even know it, and 1 year later I ended up buying ROTR for like 40$? It was easily one of the funnest experiences I've had on PC, and it was a GREAT benchmark for my new system. To this day , I wish I would have just known earlier that I got it for free.

Darc Requiem said:

When you have Nvidia doing things like their GPP that actually limits the availability of AMD products, I'd say their is something limiting their ability to produce better hardware. Development costs money. You need to be able to sell your product gain the capital to develop new products. Intel and AMD collaborated on the Kaby Lake-G. It features an Intel based CPU combined with Vega based GPU. It is a great option for gaming laptops. It was supposed to be in several lines by now like MSI and Asus's laptops. It's not though. You know why? Asus and MSI signed up for the GPP. So they can't put the chip in their ROG and Gaming X laptops. Nvidia has 80% of the market.  They are using that fact to bully their partners into making their gaming lines Nvidia exclusive. I'm sure  they'll eventually get a fined for their GPP shenanigans. By then the damage will be done and the fine will be more than worth it. It's what Intel did to AMD when the Athlon line launched and after a over a decade they just got fined for it.

It's not that hard for AMD to compete with Nvidia, they've done it multiple times before and they were able to compete against Intel with their cash strapped budget ... 

And Nvidia can sell their products to vendors however they like, there's absolutely nothing preventing vendors from releasing a new brand to sell AMD cards ... 

What Intel did is totally different to what Nvidia did, the former was accused of giving rebates to incentive OEMs not to purchase their competitors CPUs while the latter is restricting brand name usage to their products ... 

fatslob-:O said:
Darc Requiem said:

When you have Nvidia doing things like their GPP that actually limits the availability of AMD products, I'd say their is something limiting their ability to produce better hardware. Development costs money. You need to be able to sell your product gain the capital to develop new products. Intel and AMD collaborated on the Kaby Lake-G. It features an Intel based CPU combined with Vega based GPU. It is a great option for gaming laptops. It was supposed to be in several lines by now like MSI and Asus's laptops. It's not though. You know why? Asus and MSI signed up for the GPP. So they can't put the chip in their ROG and Gaming X laptops. Nvidia has 80% of the market.  They are using that fact to bully their partners into making their gaming lines Nvidia exclusive. I'm sure  they'll eventually get a fined for their GPP shenanigans. By then the damage will be done and the fine will be more than worth it. It's what Intel did to AMD when the Athlon line launched and after a over a decade they just got fined for it.

It's not that hard for AMD to compete with Nvidia, they've done it multiple times before and they were able to compete against Intel with their cash strapped budget ... 

And Nvidia can sell their products to vendors however they like, there's absolutely nothing preventing vendors from releasing a new brand to sell AMD cards ... 

What Intel did is totally different to what Nvidia did, the former was accused of giving rebates to incentive OEMs not to purchase their competitors CPUs while the latter is restricting brand name usage to their products ... 

Nvidia blackmailed their AIBs and co-opted their gaming brands. There is plenty wrong with that. It's illegal.

Darc Requiem said:

Nvidia blackmailed their AIBs and co-opted their gaming brands. There is plenty wrong with that. It's illegal.

Their AIBs can still sell AMD cards ... 

Who cares about the "gaming brand" ?

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
JRPGfan said:

Money talks.... nvidia comes in with a bag of money, and offer to put in some special nvidia code, and they just look the other way while hugging that bag of money.

it happends, and devs just dont care... its happend too often for us not to admit theres a patern here.
nvidia purposefully makes something run bad (demanding even on their cards) but the "upside" is that it runs much worse on amd cards.

And the reason why? so they can "win" in some benchmark BS score, in reviews => more cards sold (because people think them faster).

It skews the competition, when nvidia are basically "cheating" to win.

Someone always loses when either AND or NVIDIA has the “marketing” to a game. That’s just business. Doesn’t suck for all PC gamers and I certainly give Nixxes the benefit of the doubt for development.

Thing is AMD side is open sourced all, Nvidia can easily fix things, and AMD arnt bad about makeing things purposefully run bad on Nvidia cards.
While the oppersite is clearly true for Nvidia.

I dont agree that someone always loses, AMD doesnt go out of its way to hamper Nvidia's performance in games.

CGI-Quality said:

It may not be good news for AMD users, but it doesn’t ‘suck’ for PC users overall. Nixxes knows what they are doing, proving themselves with both TR2013 and Rise. It’s actually welcoming news for many of us.

Absolutely, Nixxes did a fantastic job on Rottr, they were so close to beating Crysis 3 in graphics :) a game released in 2013. Maybe this time they can do a better job and maybe beat it!!

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

JRPGfan said:
"NVIDIA will lend its gaming and PC development expertise to help bring the PC platform’s advanced gaming features to Shadow of the Tomb Raider."

this crap always ends badly.... non (visible) sea map levels of tesselation ect.

Nvidia just does this so when benchmarks come out it favors their cards, and they always impliment something that ll work okayish with their cards, but purposefully run bad on amd cards.

Not that it matters if your playing it on a console, but for pc users (esp amd owners) this news sucks.

The Tomb raider series run pretty well on AMD cards, I'm sure. Atleast on the benchmark Im checking now.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

No Gameworks hopefully, FF XV ran like trash with Gameworks on my 1050 laptop.

I don't like when Nvidia is involved with game development.
It's like the GPU compatibility version console exclusives.