By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
VGPolyglot said:
Cobretti2 said:
Def looks good.

Not sure about the buddy being up the top. I kind of liked it on the side.

But overall the site does look more modern. great effort.

You can move the buddy to the side.

Yep i just noticed the detached icon in it lol. Just woke up so still half asleep haha

Around the Network

I think it looks good but I agree with this:

Proxy-Pie said:
It's okay, but the sales stuff really ought to be in the center. It's the main attraction of the site, afterall.

The site is broken for me on an iPad mini in horizontal view. Only center column is shown. Vertical is fine.

It's looking fairly good, although even on desktop, it's quite obvious mobile was an important design factor. In fact, I think it's too obvious, although this isn't still too bad. The omission of VGChartz Buddy in the new design isn't too nice though.

What I really hate about the new design is the navigation bar that follows you everywhere on the site - it takes up valuable vertical space, and it's not something you need that often, so it shouldn't be visible all the time.

Anyway, it's neat to see improvements being made, and while I probably didn't manage to sound all that positive, this isn't too bad for a redesign whose important focus was mobile.

I find this redesign rather ironic because "mobile friendly" usually seems to mean a single picture occupying 70% of the screen, 28% being white space and text occupying the last 2%.

IMO, the elements are here for a good look, but it's too cluttered. I think if the centre column was shrunk a bit so that there is a small pipe of whitespace separating the sales from the news from the forum posts, it would make the whole thing look cleaner.

Also, I do agree with others that prefer the sales to be front and centre.  These changes make it clear that the site owners are trying to become more of a metacritic type site. Which, hey, more power to you, but that's not what people come here for.

Around the Network

I like it, wish discussions threads was more up top, but i can get use to the new layout.

Machina said:
TalonMan said:

THE BUDDY IS STILL THERE, I PROMISE!!!!!!!!!!

Just click the "3 people" icon and then you can detach and park it anywhere you want...

Coming round to my view that we should add some text underneath the icon that says 'Buddy' yet? xD

I wouldn't be opposed to a more obvious icon if someone has something to propose.

Signature goes here!

TalonMan said:
Zkuq said:
It's looking fairly good, although even on desktop, it's quite obvious mobile was an important design factor. In fact, I think it's too obvious, although this isn't still too bad. The omission of VGChartz Buddy in the new design isn't too nice though.

What I really hate about the new design is the navigation bar that follows you everywhere on the site - it takes up valuable vertical space, and it's not something you need that often, so it shouldn't be visible all the time.

Anyway, it's neat to see improvements being made, and while I probably didn't manage to sound all that positive, this isn't too bad for a redesign whose important focus was mobile.

THE BUDDY IS STILL THERE, I PROMISE!!!!!!!!!!

Just click the "3 people" icon and then you can detach and park it anywhere you want...

Eh, didn't expect that. Seems like a fairly good place, just not what I'm used to. It would be nice if it was visible all the time for people with enough screen space though.

I do think making it go live was necessary though, as it was essentially in limbo for a long time and now the general feedback can come in and make things better. Hopefully the forums follow soon as well.

Gal Gun !