By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony FY2017 - HW 19 Million Sold, SW 246.9 Million Sold. 79 Million Shipped Ending March 31st.

The 16 million, to me, addresses some of the stock issue concerns. I don't know if its a component shortage or what but -16% in shipments year over year seems a bit steep (with the lineup this year of GOW, Spiderman and RDR2) Also these numbers were generated earlier in the quarter where PS4 shipments seemed soft. I feel like GOW alone will cause them to raise that number soon.

FY18 -- 96M (16M with no raise)
FY19 -- 109.5M (13.5M)
FY20 -- 120M (10.5M)
FY21 -- 128.5 (8.5M)
FY22 -- 134.5(6M)

FY23 (10 year plan over) 137M



Around the Network
Train wreck said:

The 16 million, to me, addresses some of the stock issue concerns. I don't know if its a component shortage or what but -16% in shipments year over year seems a bit steep (with the lineup this year of GOW, Spiderman and RDR2) Also these numbers were generated earlier in the quarter where PS4 shipments seemed soft. I feel like GOW alone will cause them to raise that number soon.

FY18 -- 96M (16M with no raise)
FY19 -- 109.5M (13.5M)
FY20 -- 120M (10.5M)
FY21 -- 128.5 (8.5M)
FY22 -- 134.5(6M)

FY23 (10 year plan over) 137M

Does anybody have the FY13 to FY17 and the total shipped until FY18?



I have been speculating that Sony intends to release a new slim version of PS4 Pro, but now i am not so sure. I do however think that they intend to discontinue the regular PS4



Acording to the numbers I have.
FY 2013, 7 millon
FY 2014, 15,3 (22,3 total)
FY 2015, 17,7 (40 total)
FY 2016, 20 (60 total)
FY 2017, 19 (79 total)
FY 2018, estimate 16 (95 total).
Is this right?



melbye said:
I have been speculating that Sony intends to release a new slim version of PS4 Pro, but now i am not so sure.
I do however think that they intend to discontinue the regular PS4

If they can get the Pro down to 299$..... possibly... and I mean 7nm has gone into mass production, with a rumor of it being "gameing" related and AMD. Most likely its just Discrete GPUs.

However a 7nm shrink of a PS4 or PS4pro would be welcome.
Id love a Super Slim for 199$ reveal at E3 (would be a badass move imo, even if I think it highly unlikely).



Around the Network
melbye said:
I have been speculating that Sony intends to release a new slim version of PS4 Pro, but now i am not so sure. I do however think that they intend to discontinue the regular PS4

Why would they get rid of the OG PS4? That would make no sense. It's the one that sells the most, making up ~80% of PS4 sales. The only thing the forecast really shows is that Sony isn't going for any major price cuts this year. Probably just $50 for each. 



CrazyGPU said:
Acording to the numbers I have.
FY 2013, 7 millon
FY 2014, 15,3 (22,3 total)
FY 2015, 17,7 (40 total)
FY 2016, 20 (60 total)
FY 2017, 19 (79 total)
FY 2018, estimate 16 (95 total).
Is this right?

FY2013 was 7.5M, FY2014 was 14.8M. Everything else is correct.



StarDoor said:
CrazyGPU said:
Acording to the numbers I have.
FY 2013, 7 millon *7.5m
FY 2014, 15,3 (22,3 total) 14,8m
FY 2015, 17,7 (40 total)
FY 2016, 20 (60 total)
FY 2017, 19 (79 total)
FY 2018, estimate 16m (95 total). *edit: Pretty sure they "beat" this low forecast they have
Is this right?

FY2013 was 7.5M, FY2014 was 14.8M. Everything else is correct.

100m will be crossed sometime mid 2019.... would be cool if thats possible before E3 and they announce 100m+ there.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 27 April 2018

CrazyGPU said:
Acording to the numbers I have.
FY 2013, 7 millon
FY 2014, 15,3 (22,3 total)
FY 2015, 17,7 (40 total)
FY 2016, 20 (60 total)
FY 2017, 19 (79 total)
FY 2018, estimate 16 (95 total).
Is this right?

Pretty close.

FY 2013 - 7.5M
FY 2014 - 14.8M (22.3M Total)
FY 2015 - 17.7M (40M Total)
FY 2016 - 20M (60M Total)
FY 2017 - 19M (79M Total)

So, yea, 16M would put it at 95M by March of 2019.  Personally, I think that they will adjust their forecast up, like they did last FY.  I think it should do 17M-18M, so a total of 96M-97M.  It'll easily cross at least 108M by the end of 2019.



Just like last year, Sony does some oddly low forecasts. I expect them to be wrong and ship something closer to 19m. However, the "bet" on my sig seems to be on my favour now



Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988