By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Burritos vs Enchiladas vs Chimichangas

Best one?

Burritos 11 36.67%

Enchiladas 10 33.33%

Chimichangas 9 30.00%

Total:30

So, i've been pondering one of the most important questions to humanity ... 

as someone who loves Mexican cuisine, I have to ask : Burrito, Enchilada, or Chimichinaga?

If you don't know the difference, here is a basic description: 

Burrito:

"Traditionally, a burrito involves a flour tortilla that’s fully wrapped around one or more ingredients. In other words, you could call a Subway “wrap” a burrito. Burritos can be filled with just about anything, including meat, cheese, eggs, sausage, sauce, beans, and several different types of vegetables."

(A Breakfast Burrito) 

Enchiladas: 

"Enchiladas are small corn tortillas wrapped around a filling. They’re usually served in a bed of sauce with a sprinkling of cheese on top. The sauce and fillings both vary somewhat based on where you are and what you order."

Chimichangas: 

"Chimichangas are deep fried burritos. Fillings vary based on location and exactly what the chef is going for, but I’m most familiar with chimichangas having slow-cooked beef and peppers inside of them. Other fillings include rice, beans, cheese, and different types of meat. Chimichangas are often served with a generous helping of sour cream, guacamole, enchilada sauce, and/or cheese on top, although this also varies. Notably, you usually don’t find these things inside the burrito due to the fact that it’s deep fried."

So...what do you pick? For me, I'm going to have to go with Chimichanga. Honestly ... I find Enchiladas downright appalling and even though I love Burritos, Chimichangas are like the Super Saiyans of Burritos. 

Source: https://onthegas.org/food/burritos-vs-chimichanga-vs-enchiladas

Around the Network

I'd say burritos personally, though I do like all three. Here is my order:

1. Burritos
2. Chimichangas
3. Enchiladas

Hard to say. While Enchiladas are definitely pretty gross, I do like both burritos and Chimichangas. I always fry up my tortilla a bit to make it crispy but its always pretty much halfway between the 2, so I go with Burrito.

Farsala said:
Hard to say. While Enchiladas are definitely pretty gross, I do like both burritos and Chimichangas. I always fry up my tortilla a bit to make it crispy but its always pretty much halfway between the 2, so I go with Burrito.

Yeah Enchiladas are literally the bane of Mexican cuisine, fucking disgusting, I don't know what that red sauce is but it tastes gross as hell. 

Burritos and Chimichangas are very close for me, too.

And here i assumed chimichangas were a thing dp made up

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:

You're a drunken peasants fan too?

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
kirby007 said:

You're a drunken peasants fan too?

Nah the merc with a tude

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Don't think I have ever had a chimichanga but it sounds amazing. A burrito but crunchy can't be beat. Echildas are good too though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

I've only had burritos, but enchiladas looks better from that pic

1.Enchiladas
2.Chimichanga
3.Burrito