By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Quarterly Results, Hardware + Software

Valdney said:
When I said that BotW would outsell this new 3D Mario in the long run, people in this forum laughed at me. Now that BotW has sold 440 thousand copies more than this new 3D Mario in the last trimester, despite being the older game, they are probably wondering what the hell is going on. hahahahahahaha

Odyssey will still outsell it in the long run, they probably just gave it a massive holiday shipment which resulted in not needing as big of one this quarter. It will go back to outshipping Zelda next quarter.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
So much for Kirby being a ''flop''. Doing great. Mario Odyssey and Zelda are juggernauts still.

My main surprise comes form Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Glad to see it a bit over the 1 million mark. Definitely deserves more sales. Both Zelda and Mario Kart 8 look like they'll be joining the 10 million club soon with Odyssey, awesome stuff!

I remain convinced that Star Allies is a good game, just not $60 good. If Nintendo had launched it at $40 all the reviewers around the net, would have praised it a lot more. But as with USF2, consumers often don't care about price, just quality. 

its $60 good to me,looks like it is to others as well. Either way its good to see Kirby getting some love. After the the last few Kirby game's we've gotten on console, I had begun to get worried about the little guy lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Miyamotoo said:
quickrick said:

americas out shipping europe and ROTW just shows how weak switch is doing there. hope we get sales through numbers. probably around 15.5 million.

If you know something, you would know that America was always strongest market for Nintendo, so nothing strange or different here. All this numbers are great from every stand point, not to mentione that Nintendo plans to ship 20m Switch units and 100m Switch games in current FY, and yet you still try to downplay great succes, you are really something. :D

NIntendo plans to ship 20 million will be a huge miss.

quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

If you know something, you would know that America was always strongest market for Nintendo, so nothing strange or different here. All this numbers are great from every stand point, not to mentione that Nintendo plans to ship 20m Switch units and 100m Switch games in current FY, and yet you still try to downplay great succes, you are really something. :D

Looks like someone is falling off a cliff... And it aint nintendo xD

nice results also ....I really really wish this forum had an ignore button

Around the Network
quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

Yeah, same like sales failed of a cliff from start of year. :D

Actually Nintendo lately with their estimates are going little conservative prediction, in last year they several time raised forecast, it possible they will do same with Switch.

tbone51 said:
quickrick said:

Nice one.

Baddman said:

I'd like an option to hide posts from specific posters as well as replies to them.  It would really clean up a lot of threads, especially sales threads.

wombat123 said:
Baddman said:

I'd like an option to hide posts from specific posters as well as replies to them.  It would really clean up a lot of threads, especially sales threads.

@baddman http://www.vgchartz.com/supporters.php

Has an ignore option

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

Baseless proclamations per usual...

Miyamotoo said:
quickrick said:

Yeah, same like sales failed of a cliff from start of year. :D

Actually Nintendo lately with their estimates are going little conservative prediction, in last year they several time raised forecast, it possible they will do same with Switch.

tbone51 said:

Nice one.

@Bolded: Exactly. There’s no reason to doubt Nintendo’s expectations when they have always met/exeeded their quarterly forecasts/expectations regarding Switch. I mean, it just happened again today. Betting against them would be a bold move at this point. They don’t even need Pokémon this year to reach their target.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won