By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Quarterly Results, Hardware + Software

Metroid33slayer said:
Zelda BOTW on switch has outsold mario odyssey during Jan, feb and march then, 1.7m to 1.4m. Did not expect that, a new triple A mario game having weaker legs than a zelda game relessed 8months before it. Goes to show the great job nintendo have done reinvigurating the series. The zelda series at this moment in time is at it's pinnacle and has a bigger fanbase than it's ever had. Never before has a zelda game sold 10m (SW+WU) in its first 13 months in fact no other zelda game has even come close.

Hopefully this encourages them to release Skyward Sword HD and that rumored Link's Awakening remake. If they're arent already plans to do so...

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
StuOhQ said:
Huge numbers. I have to imagine that Nintendo is very pleased. I also noticed an interesting tidbit... 12 million + games (including third party), according to Nintendo. Nintendo has 8 games over 1m, so what are the other 4?

Hyrule Warriors, Pokken Tourney, and Mario+Rabbids are all likely candidates...

Super Bomberman R, Mario + Rabbids, Pokken and Fire Emblem Warriors.

bomberman is already removed from the equation. Nintendo specified 4 games hit a million copies, in the last fiscal year. March 2017 isnt included in that. And we also already know Bomberman sold 500k in March 2017, which takes away half of the one million total.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Just noticed Sun/Moon is extremely close to eclipsing X/Y. I wonder if Nintendo plans any more Pokemon 2DS/2DSXL bundles for this year

It would be extremly stupid to bundle vanilla Sun/Moon instead of the newer ultra sun/ultra moon, imo.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Ljink96 said:
Luke888 said:
The game I'm most proud of is Xenoblade Chronicles 2, it's already the best selling Xenoblade game and will likely cross the 2M units sold, basically doubling any other Xenoblade game

Agreed, so glad people are really feeling this game. Best JRPG I've played in well...years.

I see what you did there ;)

Cerebralbore101 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
So much for Kirby being a ''flop''. Doing great. Mario Odyssey and Zelda are juggernauts still.

My main surprise comes form Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Glad to see it a bit over the 1 million mark. Definitely deserves more sales. Both Zelda and Mario Kart 8 look like they'll be joining the 10 million club soon with Odyssey, awesome stuff!

I remain convinced that Star Allies is a good game, just not $60 good. If Nintendo had launched it at $40 all the reviewers around the net, would have praised it a lot more. But as with USF2, consumers often don't care about price, just quality. 

Exactly. This is what matters.

Around the Network

americas out shipping europe and ROTW just shows how weak switch is doing there. hope we get sales through numbers. probably around 15.5 million.

User was moderated for this and several posts throughout this thread

-Super_Boom

Last edited by Super_Boom - on 27 April 2018

When I said that BotW would outsell this new 3D Mario in the long run, people in this forum laughed at me. Now that BotW has sold 440 thousand copies more than this new 3D Mario in the last trimester, despite being the older game, they are probably wondering what the hell is going on. hahahahahahaha

quickrick said:

americas out shipping europe and ROTW just shows how weak switch is doing there. hope we get sales through numbers. probably around 15.5 million.

Just get out of here, nobody wants you here shitting up every Nintendo sales thread.

This news is 100% positive yet you found a way to say something stupid yet again.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

quickrick said:

Took you a while to find a negative angle but you pulled through! I'm proud of you!

Signature goes here!

quickrick said:

If you know something, you would know that America was always strongest market for Nintendo, so nothing strange or different here. All this numbers are great from every stand point, not to mentione that Nintendo plans to ship 20m Switch units and 100m Switch games in current FY, and yet you still try to downplay great succes, you are really something. :D