By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Quarterly Results, Hardware + Software

zorg1000 said:
BerriJammi said:

You mean you don't. I can do what I want, lol. I stated what they were, take it as it is.

You can do what you want, if youre ok with being wrong.

I'm okay with you thinking I'm wrong.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
I'm a bit confused why a lot of information is excluded in this OP. Such as 3DS and other software.

It's curl!

PwerlvlAmy said:
So much for Kirby being a ''flop''. Doing great. Mario Odyssey and Zelda are juggernauts still.

My main surprise comes form Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Glad to see it a bit over the 1 million mark. Definitely deserves more sales. Both Zelda and Mario Kart 8 look like they'll be joining the 10 million club soon with Odyssey, awesome stuff!

I remain convinced that Star Allies is a good game, just not $60 good. If Nintendo had launched it at $40 all the reviewers around the net, would have praised it a lot more. But as with USF2, consumers often don't care about price, just quality. 

BerriJammi said:
zorg1000 said:

You can do what you want, if youre ok with being wrong.

You're wrong. Your theory would put an asterisk on so many titles. 

tak13 said:
Acevil said:
I'm a bit confused why a lot of information is excluded in this OP. Such as 3DS and other software.

It's curl!

It irks me, that decent information is pushed aside because of some bias. Thankfully others recapped some of it, and I did look at the source for things missed. Based on what Rol's provided plus the original source, 3DS will be above 75 Million in the long term. 

Around the Network
BerriJammi said:
zorg1000 said:

You dont count remakes/decade old ports

You mean you don't. I can do what I want, lol. I stated what they were, take it as it is.

You may do it but officially it's not how sales are tracked because remakes and remasters are separate releases to the original as a result it doesn't really add to the debate.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
BerriJammi said:

My "theory"? I made only 2 explicit statements, that BotW is #1 in single platform sales and that if you include remasters/remakes then it is 3rd. The first is something I think we agree on. The second is an if/then statement, you can view sales numbers in multiple ways. If I want to look at a games sales as an IP I would include both. If I wanted to look at the single sales on one console I would look at it that way as well. You're being unnecessarily restrictive by declaring it "wrong" to look at data in multiple ways. You can choose to restrict your view to one way of looking at it but I see value in looking at it from multiple angles.  You can continue to declare it wrong but I'm not making any non-factual claims, just choosing to look at it from multiple angles.

Here are the updated 3DS figures.

3DS - 72.53 million

Mario Kart 7 - 17,04 million
Pokemon X/Y - 16.29 million
Pokemon Sun/Moon - 16.10 million
Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire - 14.06 million
New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 12.61 million
Super Mario 3D Land - 11.96 million
Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 11.69 million
Super Smash Bros, for 3DS - 9.24 million
Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon - 7.51 million
Tomodachi Life - 6.20 million

RolStoppable said:
I didn't see it mentioned in this thread, but Nintendo forecasts 20m for Switch and 4m for 3DS in the fiscal year ending March 2019.

And 100m software.

Maybe this confirms big hitters for the second half.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

BerriJammi said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

My "theory"? I made only 2 explicit statements, that BotW is #1 in single platform sales and that if you include remasters/remakes then it is 3rd. The first is something I think we agree on. The second is an if/then statement, you can view sales numbers in multiple ways. If I want to look at a games sales as an IP I would include both. If I wanted to look at the single sales on one console I would look at it that way as well. You're being unnecessarily restrictive by declaring it "wrong" to look at data in multiple ways. You can choose to restrict your view to one way of looking at it but I see value in looking at it from multiple angles.  You can continue to declare it wrong but I'm not making any non-factual claims, just choosing to look at it from multiple angles.

You're taking it way out into orbit. Remasters/ports are counted seperately, that's the way it's always been done. It's of course your prerogative to use your own counting methods, but I dont think anyone will adhere to them but you.