By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Quarterly Results, Hardware + Software

There's always the same 5 or so people who twist these Nintendo threads into something negative.

Around the Network
Simpleton said:
There's always the same 5 or so people who twist these Nintendo threads into something negative.

Nintendo Switch surpasses shipment forcast and is one of the fastest selling consoles of all time.

Nintendo 3DS is continuing to sell well despite its age.

Nintendo 1st party software is selling amazing.

Revenue, profit, mobile, Amiibo are all up YOY.

HAHA EUROPE ISNT DOING AS GOOD AS AMERICA!!!!!!

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

DreadPirateRoberts said:

Not sure if anyone picked up on it earlier in the thread, but Nintendo's 1.16 million shipped figure for Pokken Tournament excludes Japan, as Nintendo didn't publish it there. The Pokemon Company published it directly. The last time the game appeared on Media Create, it was at ~220k physical sales. So add in digital and some error correction, and that game is going to be in the 1.4-1.5 million range for overall shipments.

Oh shit! Thats even more impressive!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Have you realized that Super Mario 3D Land has a huge chance  to outsell super Mario galaxy being on a handheld console with 30m sales less for now than the console that super Mario galaxy was on, which was a home console and home consoles have much higher attach rates?

Last edited by tak13 - on 26 April 2018

My takeaways from this:
Congrats to Mario Odyssey for reaching double digits. It will easily be the best selling 3D Mario of all time
I have similar things to say about Breath of the Wild, also rapidly approaching the 10 million mark . Both are exceptional games.

Splatoon is known to be huge in Japan, but it's foreign numbers arent anything to scoff at, all the same.
3.41 million copies outside of Japan alone.

ARMS isnt likely to get a sequel. It did decently, but it's cleat it isnt the smash hit that splatoon was. I feel like it's a one off for the mariokart team. They will go back to developing Mariokart 9.

MarioKart 8-D is already back to selling faster than odyssey. It will overtake odyssey for the throne by the end of the year.

Pokken is at 1.16 million excluding Japan. So it is confirmed to be one of the four third party games to hit the million mark this last fiscal year. marioXrabbids is all but confirmed to hit one million as well. If I had to place to place bets on the two remaining games, it would be skyrim and fifa 18.

Pokemon Ultra-Sun/Moon have shipped 7.5 million. It is tracking ahead of other pokemon games that came late in the consoles life-cycles (Pokemon crystal, emerald, black 2-white 2), IIRC.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

Nintendo's best-selling games for the fiscal year.

01. (NS) Super Mario Odyssey - 10,410,000
02. (NS) Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 9,220,000
03. (3DS) Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon - 7,510,000
04. (NS) Splatoon 2 - 6,020,000
05. (NS) The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 5,720,000
06. (NS) ARMS - 1,850,000
07. (3DS) Mario Kart 7 - 1,820,000
08. (NS) 1-2-Switch - 1,340,000
09. (3DS) New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 1,330,000
10. (NS) Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - 1,310,000
11. (NS) Kirby Star Allies - 1,260,000
12. (NS) Pokken Tournament DX - 1,160,000
13. (3DS) Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 720,000
14. (3DS) Super Mario 3D Land - 690,000
15. (3DS) Pokemon Sun/Moon - 660,000
16. (3DS) Super Smash Bros. for 3DS - 520,000
17. (3DS) Tomodachi Life - 500,000
18. (3DS) Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire - 320,000
19. (WiiU) Super Mario 3D World - 180,000
20, (3DS) Pokemon X/Y - 180,000
21. (Wii) Mario Kart Wii - 150,000
22. (Wii) New Super Mario Bros. Wii - 150,000
23. (WiiU) Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - 140,000
24. (WiiU) Splatoon - 130,000
25. (WiiU) Mario Kart 8 - 110,000

p0isonparadise said:
Nintendo's best-selling games for the fiscal year.

21. (Wii) Mario Kart Wii - 150,000
22. (Wii) New Super Mario Bros. Wii - 150,000

Now that is what you call legs!

Megaoverlord12 said:

Does any else find it kind of sad that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, a port of a game that sold over 8 million copies, still managed to sell over 9 million, more than Breath of the Wild or Splatoon 2?

I'm not exactly angry or anything, but it certainly doesn't help the reputation that Nintendo fans buy anything with Mario on it because I'm sure a substantial number of the 9m are people buying the game a second time.

Was kinda hoping to see Xenoblade pass 1.5m. Wasn't EXPECTING it mind, but would've made me happy to see.

I knew I was going to see Kirby on there.

The full results state that there are 12 million sellers between first and third party games on the Switch. The list here plus the arbitrarily missing 1-2 Switch and ARMS brings us up to 8. Guesses for the remaining 4? I'd probably say Mario + Rabbids, Pokken, Fire Emblem Warriors, and Bomberman.

Yes. Yes I do. I did the math. Only about 29.98 million software sales are third party. Expect tepid responses from third party developers. I personally will follow my own advice, but you don't have to. What I really expect is more of the same: Delayed ports, "gimped versions", extra cost of the game ($70 -> $80 CAD, $60 -> $70 USD, etc.), 30 FPS instead of 60 FPS, etc.

Currently (Re-)Playing: Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void Multiplayer, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Currently Watching: The Shield, Stein's;Gate, Narcos

flashfire926 said:
My takeaways from this:
Congrats to Mario Odyssey for reaching double digits. It will easily be the best selling 3D Mario of all time
I have similar things to say about Breath of the Wild, also rapidly approaching the 10 million mark . Both are exceptional games.

Splatoon is known to be huge in Japan, but it's foreign numbers arent anything to scoff at, all the same.
3.41 million copies outside of Japan alone.

ARMS isnt likely to get a sequel. It did decently, but it's cleat it isnt the smash hit that splatoon was. I feel like it's a one off for the mariokart team. They will go back to developing Mariokart 9.

MarioKart 8-D is already back to selling faster than odyssey. It will overtake odyssey for the throne by the end of the year.

Pokken is at 1.16 million excluding Japan. So it is confirmed to be one of the four third party games to hit the million mark this last fiscal year. marioXrabbids is all but confirmed to hit one million as well. If I had to place to place bets on the two remaining games, it would be skyrim and fifa 18.

Pokemon Ultra-Sun/Moon have shipped 7.5 million. It is tracking ahead of other pokemon games that came late in the consoles life-cycles (Pokemon crystal, emerald, black 2-white 2), IIRC.

Funny how everyone writes off the posibility of an Arms sequel because it hasn't sold 3 to 5 million.  Xenoblade 1 and X never broke 1mil but 2 was made AND given the biggest marketing push of them all and that's a much more costly series than Arms.  Arms has already outsold the highest selling Pikmin entries and that series is still chugging along.  Nintendo has demonstrated time and time and time again that they are completely comfortable with giving ideas more than one shot if they show potential.  And they are also happy to keep mid tier franchises going.  I would be surprised if Arms doesn't get a follow up.

flashfire926 said:

Super Bomberman R hit 1 million.