By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 16): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - April 16 - 22 , 2018

Kerotan said:
h2ohno said:
Pretty good start for Labo variety. But dang those Switch sales. I thought they'd go at least over 40,000 with the Labo launch. And that's still over 50% of the total hardware sales? Dang. Also surprised the Robot kit did that poorly. I that that would be more popular in Japan.

Is switch still supply strained? Or is demand just falling? 

As usual anecdotal evidence, but my local store easily has 60+ Switch on the shelves, and I didn't see a "out of stock" sticker in any of the stores of my city (Tokyo suburbs) in months. Meanwhile, the God of War bundle was the only PS4 available (pre-order only) in the last few weeks. No stock issues for the Switch at all IMO. 

Around the Network

Numbers are so low

If people fail to look at the fact that the PS4 Pro is 2x sales of the slim and still question stock issues for the PS4 in Japan, they are not worth your time. Pretty bad week overall, Switch -15k from last year (when it HAD stock issues and a new release this week), 3DS and Vita <10k combined, PS4 stock constrained, hopefully Golden week shows some better numbers

Crazy bad PS4 stock issues still there..... and Labo outsold God of War..... erhmmm what the heck japan?

Meh for Switch sales, I expected at least 40k+, but very good debut for Labo around 120k for both combine SKUs, now to see legs.

Around the Network

Vita nearly overtakes 3DS! Japan sales are bad aside from Switch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Train wreck said:

If people fail to look at the fact that the PS4 Pro is 2x sales of the slim and still question stock issues for the PS4 in Japan, they are not worth your time. Pretty bad week overall, Switch -15k from last year (when it HAD stock issues and a new release this week), 3DS and Vita <10k combined, PS4 stock constrained, hopefully Golden week shows some better numbers

I do believe that PS4 is stock constrained going by various online stores. Although the Pro selling more this week is not really the best indicator since that includes the GoW limited edition that was available for pre-ordering and it launched this week with the game, which will most likely explain why it sold more than Slim this week.

Oh dear, no Labo boost ? Or is it that sales would even have been significantly worse without Labo ? Whichever it is, not very good for the Switch. This has got to be the Switch threading water, if it gets any worse than this, all sales projection will go out of the window.

So do we consider this a good or bad start for Labo?

Spindel said:
So do we consider this a good or bad start for Labo?

Not bad I guess but nothing exceptional. I think the consensus is that its potential won't be seen until the holidays.