By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many million sellers will the Switch have in its second year?

How many million sellers will the Switch have in its second year?

1-2 6 6.90%

3-4 6 6.90%

5-6. 10 11.49%

7-8 10 11.49%

9-10 15 17.24%

More than 10 million sellers. 40 45.98%

Total:87
Darwinianevolution said:
Wyrdness said:

Kirby and Fire Emblem Warriors broke 1m making two already, 3 if Bomberman passed the mark after March 3rd. With Fire Emblem on the way this year that would likely make guaranteed 4th and 5 if Smash is out this year.

Fire Emblem Warriors was confirmed to have passed the million mark, but only by combining Switch and 3DS sales, so I won't add it until confirmation of the Switch version doing it on its own.

Not confirmed yet, but TBA how many would have bought the N3ds exclusive over the switch version...

Around the Network
TheBraveGallade said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Fire Emblem Warriors was confirmed to have passed the million mark, but only by combining Switch and 3DS sales, so I won't add it until confirmation of the Switch version doing it on its own.

Not confirmed yet, but TBA how many would have bought the N3ds exclusive over the switch version...

Fair enough, it's probably a higher ratio than 4-1, but still, it needs to be confirmed.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

DK, Mario Tennis, Octopath Traveler, Super Smash Bros, Fire Emblem from what we know. Plus some third party games that are close to it. E3 should tell the whole picture.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Darwinianevolution said:

After the latest investers' meeting, it is confirmed that Stardew Valley has reached the million downloads, so it gets added to the list.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/180427_2e.pdf

This also marks the first digital-only game to reach the milestone, as well as the first indie title to do so.

Well, Nintendo said itis "heading for global sales" of one million. So it's technically not there yet, but likely safe enough to include.

Crash Bandicoot should pass a million, as long as they don't come up with a way to sabotage it, like going digital only, having a mandatory 20GB install, delaying it, or some other moronic move.

Around the Network

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/06/pokemon_quest_has_already_been_downloaded_over_one_million_times_on_switch

So, even though it's a Free to Play, Pokemon Quest has reached the million downloads, so it gets added to the list. Though I won't add it to the final count, since it's not technically "sold".

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Fifa 18, Skyrim, Kirby, Mario Tennis, Fire emblem, Yoshi, Octopath (Hopefully), Golf story, Smash, DK and Crash.

Last edited by Mcube - on 06 June 2018

Darwinianevolution said:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/06/pokemon_quest_has_already_been_downloaded_over_one_million_times_on_switch

So, even though it's a Free to Play, Pokemon Quest has reached the million downloads, so it gets added to the list. Though I won't add it to the final count, since it's not technically "sold".

Yeah... it really doesn't belong on a list of Million Sellers.

I wouldn't include it on the list you have either, because it isn't a million seller.

CrazyGamer2017 said:
MasonADC said:

1.This isn't what the OP is asking.

2. What about smash, pokemon, animal crossing, or 2d Mario. I would be surprised if Metroid Prime 4 can reach 4 million units.

As for your second point: I agree with a second Mario but I did not hear a second Mario game announced so to me MP4 is the only big gun left coming for sure and I don't see Smash, Pokemon or Animal Crossing as big guns. They are important games but I consider Mario/Metroid Prime/Zelda to be the biggest guns.

Crazy indeed.

Kirby Star Allies
Stardew Valley
Pokemon 1
Pokemon 2
Pokemon free
Fifa 18
Fifa 19
Skyrim
mario tennis
Tropical Freeze
Captain Toad