By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How many of you guys buy duplicate games?

One day I sold a lot of Gamecube and N64 games. That was a big mistake and i will never do this again, ever. So I rebuy these games occasionaly, the latest addition was Luigi's Mansion. I still need Starfox Adventures, Smash 64, and a couple of others.

Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism

Around the Network
think-man said:
I have 4 copies of Final Fantasy XV.... All on PS4 hahaha.

Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism

I hardly ever buy a game more than once usually, at most sometimes twice for some games, but not on the same system. For example, I bought Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare on PS3 and then the remaster on PS4. Same with Bionic Commando, I bought that on PS3 and then years later bought it again on Steam. Also Resident Evil 4 where I bought the game on PS2 and then bought the HD version of it on Steam much later on. 

The only exception to that where I can remember buying a game a lot of times is Red Faction: Guerrilla. Bought it in 2009 on PS3, bought it again on PS3 in 2011 but took it back after a few days, then bought it again on PS3 in 2012. Then I bought it on Steam at some point in the past few years. I might buy the new remastered version of it when it comes out as well, or as they call it the reMARStered version, lol.

So i've bought that game 4 times as of right now, 3 times on PS3 and 1 time on Steam, and might buy it a 5th time when the new version of it comes out. Safe to say that I really love that game, lol.

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 21 April 2018

I do this if:
1. I like the game a lot. Example: got Overcooked for X1, PS4 and Switch
2. I like the game a lot and play with different friends. Example: got Rocket League for X1, PS4, Switch and Steam
3. I like the game a lot and preserve a copy in case it breaks some day
4. I think the game might be worth more sometime in the future (not like a few days/weeks but years/decades)
5. I own a PAL copy of the era where Hz mattered and get the NTSC-J copy for the true feeling

It's very rare. Even with remasters it's rare because I keep my older games and consoles. I do buy every Zelda release, so for example I have BotW on both WiiU and Switch.

Around the Network

Rarely, but some games are just so good, so I buy them more than once, both for convenience and for supporting the developer.

Not considering remasters or remakes, I've done it a few times if you count different localization.

I have both the Japanese version and Western version of several games.
This mainly came about back in the day when it was a lot more common for the Jp version of rpgs to be released some times years before they came out in the west, and my Japanese wasn't very good/non-existent.

A few I can think of:

Final Fantasy X
Suikoden III
Suikoden IV
Suikoden V
Xenosaga: Episode 2

In recent times I got Persona 5 in Jp and Eng.

Last edited by Hiku - on 21 April 2018

Buying the same game multiple times seems incredibly wasteful to me. I can't imagine doing it, except in a very rare circumstance where the same game spans multiple generations and you're playing it when you upgrade.

Rarely, but I do.
If I buy a game digitally I might end up getting it physically later on as well.
The opposite does not happen tho, nor do I buy more than once physical copies of the same game.
And Terraria is the only game I bought digitally twice, first for PS3 and then for PS4 (because it sadly was not cross buy and had a massive update just for the PS4, might even get it physically too down the road, lol, really love that game)

The more I see this thread on the Hot Topics, the more and more I kick myself in the ass for not returning the duplicate Borderlands Handsome Collection copy back to Amazon.