By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won March NPD (PS4: 354K, NSW: 308K, XBO: 299K)

zorg1000 said:
Switch sales, non-launch/holiday months

April-280k
May-165k
June-215k
July-220k
Aug-210k
Sept-315k
Oct-295k

Jan-270k
Feb-280k
March-310k

Its look like Switch this year will destroy last years months.

Around the Network

I know it.

RolStoppable said:
Train wreck said:

The Wii's 700k was supply constrained (forgot to add that) but let me further explain instead of you putting words in my mouth.

Me, personally,  thought that the Switch would have some type of separation dynamic where it being the more innovative machine, it being newer and replacing two devices would cause sales volume to explore more than it currently is.  if the PS4 is doing 350k, the switch would be doing 550k, but we are not seeing that,  like at all.

And I never said that Switch isn't doing good for this month (in fact I said it had a decent month).  It's you (as usual) interjecting stuff out of thin air just to get a rile out of people.

I have never seen you speak positively about Switch or Nintendo, so the story about what you thought is most likely made up in order to have a talking point how Switch sales are underwhelming.

That you play the victim card despite your known posting history is rich.

My posting history is just that, history.  My past posting have no reflection on my current or future remarks on any system.  You, Tbone and others like to hark on people who post their own opinion on systems and if they have a negative bias towards Nintendo specifically you hark on.  It's getting old, go champion a new fight.

zorg1000 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Just like I expected, Quickrick was wrong when he said PS4 would beat Switch by over 100k this month.

All 3 did very good at first glance. what did PS4 and XBO do last year in NPD sales? Better or worse?

Its in the OP lol

PS4-down 9%

XBO-up 24%

I meant absolute numbers, but the percentages should do I guess. I was just too lazy to calculate the numbers

LethalP said:
Hiku said:

Xbox is doing surprisingly well. Hopefully Microsoft are happy with their sales, and they don't feel the need to rush out Xbox Two prematurely.
Apparently XBO is ~$60 cheaper than PS4 though. But I wonder how long that price difference has been in effect?

Yeah PS4 needs a $249 price drop. Right now it's only winning, not storming the place.

Fat chance Sony will price drop before the holidays. They're printing $$$ at the moment, they won't cut into their profits if they're already meeting and excreding sales targets.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
zorg1000 said:

April-280k
May-165k
June-215k
July-220k
Aug-210k
Sept-315k
Oct-295k

Jan-270k
Feb-280k
March-310k

Its look like Switch this year will destroy last years months.

what? april sales see a huge decline compared to march which was a 5 week period, and is a tax refund month. Switch did much better then expected, maybe smash announcement and kirby did give  it give it a boost. xbox is really impressive, huge turn around from last year, and ps4 is just a beast.  sony is not even trying,  they don't have any bundles, and still at 299$ just insane, and still beating the competition  by a nice margin. 

Kerotan said:

Excellent victory for the ps4

60 dollars more expensive than the xb1 and mlb out selling sea of thieves at retail. Sony must be happy. 

Next month is all about god of war! 

And some people are still guessing if GoW can outsell SoT.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

This is amazing for PS4 and April is going to be very strong too with God of War!

zorg1000 said:

April-280k
May-165k
June-215k
July-220k
Aug-210k
Sept-315k
Oct-295k

Jan-270k
Feb-280k
March-310k

So outside of September last year which narrowly beat it, it's the best "normal" month yet for the Switch? Not bad at all!

Considering the relative drought of high profile games lately, I'd say that gives a pretty good outlook for the future.

tbone51 said:
Train wreck said:

The Wii's 700k was supply constrained (forgot to add that) but let me further explain instead of you putting words in my mouth.

Me, personally,  thought that the Switch would have some type of separation dynamic where it being the more innovative machine, it being newer and replacing two devices would cause sales volume to explore more than it currently is.  if the PS4 is doing 350k, the switch would be doing 550k, but we are not seeing that,  like at all.

And I never said that Switch isn't doing good for this month (in fact I said it had a decent month).  It's you (as usual) interjecting stuff out of thin air just to get a rile out of people

Read your original post. You said x1 and ps4 had an impressive month. Then you say switch had a decent month. Like thats some good logic lmao. I didnt say anything about your entire , its more pointing out your biased. Stop acting like its me when i call you out for outlandish post

Saw the thread warning so it’ll be the last thing I say to you:

Both the Xbox and PS4 have 52 months of sales data to tap from so it’s easy to say a months impressive for the likes of the Xbox when it’s having its best year and the PS4 with no price drop, so yes that’s impressive, it’s not the norm.  

Definition of decent from Webster:

fairly good adequatesatisfactory

You’re taking my definition of this and making it a negative, you quote me so yes it’s a problem you have to my post.  I won’t be derailing myself to explain myself to you, don’t bother quoting me.