By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won March NPD (PS4: 354K, NSW: 308K, XBO: 299K)

Train wreck said:
tbone51 said:

So nsw has to clear close to 700k a month? Why is x1/ps4 ok then? 

Thats a weird way of saying switch isnt doing good this month lol. All 3 did great for what march was 

The Wii's 700k was supply constrained (forgot to add that) but let me further explain instead of you putting words in my mouth.

Me, personally,  thought that the Switch would have some type of separation dynamic where it being the more innovative machine, it being newer and replacing two devices would cause sales volume to explore more than it currently is.  if the PS4 is doing 350k, the switch would be doing 550k, but we are not seeing that,  like at all.

And I never said that Switch isn't doing good for this month (in fact I said it had a decent month).  It's you (as usual) interjecting stuff out of thin air just to get a rile out of people

Read your original post. You said x1 and ps4 had an impressive month. Then you say switch had a decent month. Like thats some good logic lmao. I didnt say anything about your entire , its more pointing out your biased. Stop acting like its me when i call you out for outlandish post

Around the Network

Just like I expected, Quickrick was wrong when he said PS4 would beat Switch by over 100k this month.

All 3 did very good at first glance. what did PS4 and XBO do last year in NPD sales? Better or worse?

PortisheadBiscuit said:
celador said:

they are multiplats, just because they aren't on switch doesn't make it exclusive

It's exclusive to XB and PS4

Far cry 5 is on PC. And monster hunter is coming to PC.

Making their comment even stranger..

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Just like I expected, Quickrick was wrong when he said PS4 would beat Switch by over 100k this month.

All 3 did very good at first glance. what did PS4 and XBO do last year in NPD sales? Better or worse?

Its in the OP lol

PS4-down 9%

XBO-up 24%

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

* Thread Warning * ⚠️

People’s post histories and biases are not the topic of discussion. If you cannot tackle their words without going at them personally, don’t respond to them.

On the flip side, please keep the Trolling of individual devices to a minimum. NPD Threads generally begin to degrade when that type of stuff becomes the center piece.

Around the Network

Xbox is doing surprisingly well. Hopefully Microsoft are happy with their sales, and they don't feel the need to rush out Xbox Two prematurely.
Apparently XBO is ~$60 cheaper than PS4 though. But I wonder how long that price difference has been in effect?

Last edited by Hiku - on 20 April 2018

Amazing the PS4 is still doing pretty damn good on the US after almost 5 years.

I would love to know how April will fare out with God of War.

DonFerrari said:
CosmicSex said:

Honestly, I disagree with the price cut.  Okay so yes eventually, but not until October.  First now, PS4 will float with GOW and Spiderman.  Speaking of which, one wonders if Sea of Theives gave Xbox a boost.  Sony may be able to hold out until Smash comes out.  And if it comes out holiday, yes they lower the price and ride that wave.

I was talking about holidays.

Oh

CGI-Quality said:
* Thread Warning * ⚠️

People’s post histories and biases are not the topic of discussion. If you cannot tackle their words without going at them personally, don’t respond to them.

On the flip side, please keep the Trolling of individual devices to a minimum. NPD Threads generally begin to degrade when that type of stuff becomes the center piece.

Wouldn't the flip side of "are not topic of discussion" be that "Yes please discuss this".

That seems more of the same note. Don't talk about post histories, and don't troll the devices.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Hiku said:

Xbox is doing surprisingly well. Hopefully Microsoft are happy with their sales, and they don't feel the need to rush out Xbox Two prematurely.
Apparently XBO is ~$60 cheaper than PS4 though. But I wonder how long that price difference has been in effect?

Yeah PS4 needs a $249 price drop. Right now it's only winning, not storming the place.