By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won March NPD (PS4: 354K, NSW: 308K, XBO: 299K)

CGI-Quality said:
Train wreck said:

My posting history is just that, history.  My past posting have no reflection on my current or future remarks on any system.  You, Tbone and others like to hark on people who post their own opinion on systems and if they have a negative bias towards Nintendo specifically you hark on.  It's getting old, go champion a new fight.

I get that you wanted to defend yourself, so let this be the end of it.

CGI-Quality said:
Train wreck said:

My posting history is just that, history.  My past posting have no reflection on my current or future remarks on any system.  You, Tbone and others like to hark on people who post their own opinion on systems and if they have a negative bias towards Nintendo specifically you hark on.  It's getting old, go champion a new fight.

I get that you wanted to defend yourself, so let this be the end of it.

Apologies on my phone thanks

Around the Network
quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

Its look like Switch this year will destroy last years months.

what? april sales see a huge decline compared to march which was a 5 week period, and is a tax refund month. Switch did much better then expected, maybe smash announcement and kirby did give  it give it a boost. xbox is really impressive, huge turn around from last year, and ps4 is just a beast.  sony is not even trying,  they don't have any bundles, and still at 299$ just insane, and still beating the competition  by a nice margin. 

You could be right on April, but to lose against last year May through August, the Switch sales need to fall off a big cliff, and I don't see that happening.

quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

Its look like Switch this year will destroy last years months.

what? april sales see a huge decline compared to march which was a 5 week period, and is a tax refund month. Switch did much better then expected, maybe smash announcement and kirby did give  it give it a boost. xbox is really impressive, huge turn around from last year, and ps4 is just a beast.  sony is not even trying,  they don't have any bundles, and still at 299$ just insane, and still beating the competition  by a nice margin. 

I was talking about Switchs last years months, because I replied to post where Switch last years months were mentioned. Last year in next 5 months (April-August) Switch sold around 220k per month, this year Switch will make quite difference with those months.

KilleyMc said:

JRPGfan said: 

Must be looking forwards to "Shin Megami Tensei : deep strange journey" in may :)

And Persona Q2 down the road.

Or just to play The Alliance Alive on day one... who am I kidding, people are probably hacking them left and right at the moment.

Another Great RPG :)  3ds got rpgs in spades.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
quickrick said:

You could be right on April, but to lose against last year May through August, the Switch sales need to fall off a big cliff, and I don't see that happening.

I wouldn't even say fall of a cliff those months are just slow months for console sales. it will sale around the same.

Around the Network
celador said:

remember when the switch was going to win every month unless PS4 had a big exclusive game release. i do.  four wins in the last five months now for PS4

You mean in US? Last five months were November -> March, which PS4 won 3 months and Switch 2. Plus, if we look at the last 6 months, they’re tied.

OP: Good results all around. I’m curious to see how Switch holds up in April.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:
celador said:

remember when the switch was going to win every month unless PS4 had a big exclusive game release. i do.  four wins in the last five months now for PS4

You mean in US? Last five months were November -> March, which PS4 won 3 months and Switch 2. Plus, if we look at the last 6 months, they’re tied.

Most people predicted switch would win almost every month for 2018.

quickrick said:
LipeJJ said:

Not most, some.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

quickrick said:
LipeJJ said:

Its not as bad as saying switch wont win a single month. And i doubt most people said that.

Also its unfair how trainwreck can have the last word quoting me because if i reply back i get banned. That said its still stupid to say ps4/x1 is impressive while downplaying switch. 

quickrick said:
LipeJJ said:

Not just in the US either, people where casually throwing around 20m-25m numbers for the Switch, while saying PS4 would do ~18m.

So far I think PS4 overall has sold more units both in the US, and globally this year than the Switch right?
People here where crazy hyped at the end of 2017 for the Switch.