By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won March NPD (PS4: 354K, NSW: 308K, XBO: 299K)

xl-klaudkil said:
jason1637 said:

This. I have a few friendw tish PS4s that have no intrest in GoW because its single player only.

This comment is funny.

I have many friends who switched from xbox to ps4 because of the exclusives sp games.

Its rather funny to say sp gamea are not that important when said system almost has none.

If the system they own have little SP games it already shows they don't think it is important.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
pokoko said:
Xbox continues to do well in the US because Microsoft did an excellent job of making people feel invested in their ecosystem.

In much the same way that players often resist leaving an MMO because they "lose" all the gold and rewards from their efforts, creating an environment with things like gamerpoints, achievements, and friend networks keeps people from easily switching consoles the way they did in the past.

Many people have little interest in deep single-player games, as well, which largely negates the exclusive advantage. Something like The Last of Us wouldn't even be on their radar.

Microsoft has catered to this demographic from the beginning and they've managed to keep many of them despite their missteps this gen.

The reverse is also true. Many gamers couldn't care less about multiplayer and prefer singleplayer experiences like GoW or BotW over SoT. For those, Xbox probably isn't the right console right now.

What you're saying doesn't contradict what he said. It is not the point of his post anyway.  

He's just saying that Microsoft has started some initiatives to convince people to stick to Xbox moving forward, especially those who prefer multiplayer games and doesn't care that much about single player. 

I LOVE GIGGS said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

The reverse is also true. Many gamers couldn't care less about multiplayer and prefer singleplayer experiences like GoW or BotW over SoT. For those, Xbox probably isn't the right console right now.

What you're saying doesn't contradict what he said. It is not the point of his post anyway.  

He's just saying that Microsoft has started some initiatives to convince people to stick to Xbox moving forward, especially those who prefer multiplayer games and doesn't care that much about single player. 

And the next step they should take is removing Gold fee, for the Game Pass suscribers at the very least.

Tim and The Princes...

Naufraguito said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:

And the next step they should take is removing Gold fee, for the Game Pass suscribers at the very least.

I wouldn't do that if I were Microsoft. Why would I? It is generating billion dollar each year and could grow to a much bigger number if they can improve their first party studios and double their console base, next generation. 

People now expect to pay for Gold/Plus when they buy a console. Bringing it back later when they are at the top will be very difficult. 

What they can do is have an offer like "buy a year of Game Pass and get Gold for free". If it is an offer, they can remove it anytime without generating negative buzz. 

I LOVE GIGGS said:
Naufraguito said:

I wouldn't do that if I were Microsoft. Why would I? It is generating billion dollar each year and could grow to a much bigger number if they can improve their first party studios and double their console base, next generation. 

People now expect to pay for Gold/Plus when they buy a console. Bringing it back later when they are at the top will be very difficult. 

What they can do is have an offer like "buy a year of Game Pass and get Gold for free". If it is an offer, they can remove it anytime without generating negative buzz. 

Cause it will put the multiplayer focused gamers on your side if you stop charging everybody, or makes way more atractive Game Pass if you only extent the free online to GP suscribers. I think Microsoft won't do it for now, but is a logical step that the will need to make one day.

Tim and The Princes...

Around the Network
Naufraguito said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:

Cause it will put the multiplayer focused gamers on your side if you stop charging everybody, or makes way more atractive Game Pass if you only extent the free online to GP suscribers. I think Microsoft won't do it for now, but is a logical step that the will need to make one day.

MP gamers didn't leave MS when PS had free MP and also didn't complain much when Sony enforced paid... so the loss of money won't justify it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

xl-klaudkil said:
jason1637 said:

This. I have a few friendw tish PS4s that have no intrest in GoW because its single player only.

This comment is funny.

I have many friends who switched from xbox to ps4 because of the exclusives sp games.

Its rather funny to say sp gamea are not that important when said system almost has none.

I never said single player games aren't important. I just said there are people that don't care about games because they are single player only.

Shadow1980 said: 

It's interesting to see that Switch didnt beat 3DS only in two months of first 13 months on market.

Miyamotoo said:
Shadow1980 said: 

It's interesting to see that Switch didnt beat 3DS only in two months of first 13 months on market.

Even better, 3DS only got closer to the Switch sales due to it's pricecut. And even then, when 3DS was stronger, it just barely edged out the Switch. Which shows that comparing the Switch sales to 3DS sales to get a conclusion isn't going to work.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Even better, 3DS only got closer to the Switch sales due to it's pricecut. And even then, when 3DS was stronger, it just barely edged out the Switch. Which shows that comparing the Switch sales to 3DS sales to get a conclusion isn't going to work.

Yeah, I think that only market where 3DS is selling better than Switch for same time period is Japan, and thats of course mostly because 3DS had huge price cut while Switch still has launch price.