By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won March NPD (PS4: 354K, NSW: 308K, XBO: 299K)

I LOVE GIGGS said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

The reverse is also true. Many gamers couldn't care less about multiplayer and prefer singleplayer experiences like GoW or BotW over SoT. For those, Xbox probably isn't the right console right now.

What you're saying doesn't contradict what he said. It is not the point of his post anyway.  

He's just saying that Microsoft has started some initiatives to convince people to stick to Xbox moving forward, especially those who prefer multiplayer games and doesn't care that much about single player. 

Why not move over to the PS4 because it has BOTH types of games in the bag. Plus, it has enough players online so that it doesn't have to go around begging for cross platform play..

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Shadow1980 said: 

It's interesting to see that Switch didnt beat 3DS only in two months of first 13 months on market.

At the moment there is little reason to deny Switch is doing much better than 3DS.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Miyamotoo said:
Shadow1980 said: 

It's interesting to see that Switch didnt beat 3DS only in two months of first 13 months on market.

What is 3DS LTD in USA? I don't think it was too incredible so surely the Switch is expected to surpass the 3DS. Winning against the 3DS should be par the course.

Farsala said:
Miyamotoo said:

What is 3DS LTD in USA? I don't think it was too incredible so surely the Switch is expected to surpass the 3DS. Winning against the 3DS should be par the course.

I think its like ~21 million.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Farsala said:
Miyamotoo said:

No it wasn't to incredible, but 3DS has huge price cut around 6 months after launch, while Switch still have launch price.

Around the Network
Farsala said:
Miyamotoo said:

21.3M for the 3DS according to this site, and the Switch is currently at 5.5M

For the record, 3DS barely edges out the XBO (20.8M) and ain't too far behind the PS4 (23.6M)

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Farsala said:

For the record, 3DS barely edges out the XBO (20.8M) and ain't too far behind the PS4 (23.6M)

Well its 5.5m for Switch in a year versus ~21.3m in 7 years.

At 5.5m vs 3m average, one should expect the Switch to win almost every month.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Farsala said:

Thats ~7 years for 3DS and ~4.5 years for XBO/PS4.

3DS was closer to 15 million in the same time frame as PS4/XBO.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

my prediction: april and may - the PlayStation 4 wins again.

in april: more than 400.000 units.
best software/number 1: God of War. overall. In May: Detroit Become Human

KazumaKiryu said:
my prediction: april and may - the PlayStation 4 wins again.

in april: more than 400.000 units.
best software/number 1: God of War. overall. In May: Detroit Become Human

400k units just for USA in April? No chance