By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God of War is the most hyped PS4 exclusive game thus far, will it outsell Horizon?

It will definitely outsell Horizion imo, God of War is probably the biggest release of the year. Might become the best selling exclusive on PS4.

Around the Network
Shiken said:
I think it will land somewhere in between Bot2 and Uncharted 4 in terms of sales. I really see this one taking off.

What is Bot2?

Should outsell horizon comfortably. I can also see it outselling uncharted 4. I reckon it has a chance to become the best selling ps exclusive of all time. I believe gt3 has sold in the region of 14-15m.

I hope it will cause the world of single player story driven games is threatened by some big companies who wish to push for the "games as a service" model with micro-transactions, loot boxes and all sorts of contents behind paywalls which work much better (for those evil companies) with multi-players online games. Their final aim is that single player story driven games disappear altogether and that would be very bad for us.

So I hope that every single player story driven game does better than the previous one because it's the only way to show them it's not their job to decide what we want and I want the genre to last as long as I live.

Last edited by CrazyGamer2017 - on 19 April 2018

Well there is a very big chance of it happening.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

yes, 15M. it will surpass U4

Dr.Vita said:
Shiken said:
I think it will land somewhere in between Bot2 and Uncharted 4 in terms of sales. I really see this one taking off.

What is Bot2?

BotW...typo fixed!  XD

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

CrazyGamer2017 said:

I hope it will cause the world of single player story driven games is threatened by some big companies who wish to push for the "games as a service" model with micro-transactions, loot boxes and all sorts of contents behind paywalls which work much better (for those evil companies) with multi-players online games. Their final aim is that single player story driven games disappear altogether and that would be very bad for us.

So I hope that every single player story driven game does better than the previous one because it's the only way to show them it's not their job to decide what we want and I want the genre to last as long as I live.

They don't want to destroy single player games xD

They just don't care to make it themselves. Its irrelevant to them what other publishers make. Their aim isn't to make single player games disappear but to make profit by games that are monetised post release and the success or failure of single player wouldn't make a difference. People need to get a hang of business, no one is targeting your specific tastes. I love single player games but they are expensive to make and hard to monetise and people have higher expectations of single player games. Its easier to make 5 PUBG's than 1 GOW.

Shiken said:
Dr.Vita said:

What is Bot2?

BotW...typo fixed!  XD

Okay haha now it makes sense. xD