By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 15): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - April 9 - 15, 2018

zorg1000 said:
When is Sony's fiscal earnings report? Perhaps if there is an issue, they will address it then?

@ 1st post. Jan and Feb aren't the whole story and neither is the US. Could be any number of countries with random demand increase or just March, which we will know soon I hope.

Nintendo and MS are on 26th I think with Sony on 27th.

Around the Network

eeek those ps4 numbers. wonder if gow will help it any. I'm not sure how the franchise strength in japan.

I'm glad Kirby is still holding strong and BOTW still slowly slowly climbing

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Hmmmm Delusion cover eeverywhere, the reality of PS4 sales in Japan difficult it is to see hehehe (in Yoda-speak).

duduspace1 said:

Hmmmm Delusion cover eeverywhere, the reality of PS4 sales in Japan difficult it is to see hehehe (in Yoda-speak).

Yep, I'm sure you know more about it than people living in Japan ;)

Faelco said:
duduspace1 said:

Yep, I'm sure you know more about it than people living in Japan ;)

Sure I do.....as much as Yoda knew what Palpatine was up to LOL.

Around the Network

Literally going to copy and paste this from reset era, because I feel it fits the situation perfectly https://www.resetera.com/posts/6907515/ :

- Yes, PS4 is suffering some stock issues.
- Yes, numbers would be higher without said stock issues.
- No, numbers wouldn't be massively higher even with proper stock.
- No, PS4's low numbers aren't entirely due to stock issues but also due to the usual pre-golden week drop and a bad software schedule for the rest of the year.
- Yes, PS4 numbers will go slightly higher once there's more stock, that and the usual golden week boost.
- No, it won't jump massively high once the stock is there because it was already not doing big numbers anyway.

PERSONAL NOTE: Yes it on the supply chain management of said company to fix it.

Last edited by Acevil - on 19 April 2018

BlackBeauty said:

PS4 has been dying for many years now in japan. It got really bad after the switch release.
Some people are still delusional I see.

Warned (Flaming/Trolling) ~ CGI

The start of the year was actually pretty damn good.... but having stock issues atm, which are undoubtably hurting its sales.
If not, Im sure it would still be up YOY compaired to last year.

Could Sony not be providing units for Japan to have enough in the pipeline for USA and EU along with God of War? This just seems really pathetic for a platform that should still be riding pretty well with Monster Hunter World having sold to over 2 million PS4 owners at this point at retail.

Faelco said:
zorg1000 said:

Well we can assume a sudden increase in demand is not likely in the US based on NPD results for Jan+Feb which have PS4 flat YOY with an extra week included.

I would be surprised to see Europe or other regions getting a large unexpected boost for seemingly no reason.

Do we know how is the situation in China? Could it be linked? 

JRPGfan said:
BlackBeauty said:

PS4 has been dying for many years now in japan. It got really bad after the switch release.
Some people are still delusional I see.

Warned (Flaming/Trolling) ~ CGI

The start of the year was actually pretty damn good.... but having stock issues atm, which are undoubtably hurting its sales.
If not, Im sure it would still be up YOY compaired to last year.

Its still up YOY overall, its up by ~180k as of week 15 but it was up by ~260k as of week 7 so its been down ~10k/week for the last 8 weeks.

It seems unlikely that PS4 would be selling an extra 10k each week even with excess stock.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

thismeintiel said:
There are only two reasons for the supply issues that I can think of. Either Sony is seeing a sudden increase in demand in other regions, so they are focusing supply to those. Or Sony is coming out with a slight redesign to cut costs, either to increase profit or in preparation for a price cut.

Maybe both. Lets not forget GoW the biggest exclusive for ps4 yet about to launch and where does that extra stock need to be? West.

That said it is weird all of a sudden ps4 cant even get 15k shipment in japan. Thats very little compare to the rest of the world