By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Dr. Shawn Baker challenges vegan jihadis, eats only meat for 15 months. Think he's unhealthy? Here's what happened...

Aeolus451 said:
That's as dumb as veganism. Humans are meant to eat meat, vegetables and fruit. End of story. People are more than welcomed to eat as unhealthy as they want and to believe whatever they want, though.

This. I don't understand why everyone is tending to the extremes. Balance is all, especially for your diet.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
palou said:
Aeolus451 said:

Both of those sides are no better than flat earthers. Either diet would require alot of nutritional supplements to make up for what they would be lacking although the meat diet wouldn't be that deficient if they ate the organs of animals.

What nutritional components specifically (that aren't produced by the body without issue) would you say can't be found in non-animal food source?

Well Vitamin B12. Yes, the body produces it, but as we are no herbivores and have shorter digestion tracks it produces not enough. But that is the only essential component I know of, which vegans really have to take into consideration. Plants usually don't store B12 (produced is it ever only by microbes, prokaryotes to be precise), as they don't have a central neervous system to support. Unwashed plants can have B12, because of the dirt which contains feces. Actually eating feces is what some species (rabbits for instance) do, to supply this. In the guts and in the feces live the microbes that create B12.

But well, this is the only one missing on a purely non-animal source of food (vegans). If you eat milk, milk-products or eggs (vegetarians) you're fine with that. Or as a vegan you can supply this by pills or special food created with consideration of B12. In the end it is all about creating the right environment for the microbes to produce it.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Pretty obvious, eating only meat denies your body of required minerals, like eating only vegetables does as well. We're meant to eat a little bit of everything, it's common sense.

All extreme exclusive diets are problematic. Everyone needs a balanced diet, with both animal and vegetal foods.

Because vegans are very healthy without supplements and not carefully choosing every single ingredient of their diets right?

Should we post all the child that died because their parents forced a vegan diet on them??

This is as stupid as "Super Size Me" "documentary" with someone eating only Mc Donalds every single day from a year.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
palou said:
John2290 said:

That is why you don't. Almost every meal from cultures around the world has a balance of everything with meat taking up a small percentage of the plate. Eating meat is not unhealthy for men and unless Vegans get everything down to a tee and wrap their entire lives around their meal plans it can be a disaster, for men more so than women. If you have a 9-5 or a job that is more demanding than that being a Vegan and male is more than likely going to have far more negative effects than positive effect not to mention if you are a laborer or are in the line of labor intensive work. It's fine for people in certain life situations with the time enough to devote. I don't think Vegans are inherently idiotic as the other poster but when it comes to believing everyone in the world can be Vegan and still be healthy they are quiet naive, way off of the mark and some who protest this can seem idiotic. 

hmm... 

While *most* cultures have had meat in their diet, I'd like to point out that for the last couple thousand of years, minus the last hundred fifty or so, that portion was a *very* small proportion of the plate, for the vast majority of the population - simply due to logistic facts of an earlier agricultural society. The poor (and with that, I mean, 90 + % of the population, in medieval times and earlier) almost exclusively fed off of whatever regional starch crop could be grown the most efficiently in that area of the world, be it rice, wheat, corn, etc... Mind you, they had the joy of engaging in continuous heavy physical labour, as well. Which demonstrates the fact that the "omnivore" trait of humans is the *capability* of surviving off of anything, rather than the *necessity*. We are extremely flexible, our bodies have with only very few exceptions the capabilities of synthesizing the necessary out of just about anything.

I don't know where you are getting the male-specific thing from? To my knowledge, these types of deficiencies appear more quickly within women (due to the constant loss of essential material from menstruation.) Sexual hormones which distinguish female/male otherwise are generally synthesized by the body, not consumed. Which makes sense, since they are extremely specific from species to species.

I mean, of course you anyone can live off of a vegan diet if they wanted to, in the modern day. Nutrition isn't voodoo magic, we know what each meal is composed of, and if you really want to, the exact nutritional properties of meat can be recreated with no trouble at all from non-animal products (GMOs, etc.. can make that even easier). What's "natural" really shouldn't come into play when we have access to more extensive knowledge. What actually gets absorbed by the body, after all the digestion are some pretty simple molecules we'd have no issues synthesizing in a lab to perfection, if you're really picky about it.

Yes, the people from medieval times would never hunt some rabbit or other small mammals to put some meat on their plates, and of course their 35 years of average living is the proof of healthiness right?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

im ready for a steak, having bacon and eggs for breakfast. I will make a baked potato with the steak, so thats the vegetable. I will never ever be vegan, not for me.

Plus the definition of "manly" isnt at all what it used to be, lol

Just eat a balanced diet people.

Jeez, it's like you'd think we were omnivores or something.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

DonFerrari said:
Because vegans are very healthy without supplements and not carefully choosing every single ingredient of their diets right?

Should we post all the child that died because their parents forced a vegan diet on them??

This is as stupid as "Super Size Me" "documentary" with someone eating only Mc Donalds every single day from a year.

Humans pretending to be herbivores is unhealthy and humans pretending to be carnivores is unhealthy. The average person should have a mixture of both, which most 10 years olds will be able to tell these people.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'