By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: CoD Black Ops 4 wont have a SP, will have a Battle Royale mode developed by Raven instead

Also the teaser trailer showed gameplay from Black Ops 1, 2, and 3 campaigns so its weird for Bo4 not to have one.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Thank God for Nintendo and Sony.

Amen

Set to be the worst COD game to date then.

Nice, campaigns were always absolute useless in cod, i, all my friends and most people in general dont give a damn about that, i also read that treyarch wanted to focus on Multiplayer and Zombie more, thats how it always should have been with Cod, i hope there will never be a campaign in cod again, EA should do the same for battlefield. Cod and Battlefield are Multiplayergames, the campaign is also only there so they have more "content" and a few people dont cry about no singleplayer, when in reality this is not the selling point for Cod and also BF, especially with Multiplayer gettin bigger and bigger every year.

a battle royale mode would be awesome, after not playing cod since black op 3 and with all these news now, im getting more and more excited to finally play Cod again !! :)

Should be F2P then. Going to have tons of microtransactions anyway.

Around the Network

Considering how shitty their online is (dropped games, freezing games, warping, glitches, server lag etc. etc. etc.) this isn't such a bad idea. Of course, that is working under the assumption that they're actually going to dedicate man hours that use to go into story mode and instead, throw them into the online side of things.

Knowing Activision though, it's probably just to save more money.

Not gonna lie, i've always wonder what the outcome would be if Activision actually make a cod without a campaign. Guess I won't have to wonder how the hell that would turn out much longer.

GribbleGrunger said:
Thank God for Nintendo and Sony.

Let us pray.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I don't believe this myself, I just can't see them skipping a single-player campaign.

VGPolyglot said:
I don't believe this myself, I just can't see them skipping a single-player campaign.

According to the rumor it was in the works but because of the early release date they scrapped it.