By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: CoD Black Ops 4 wont have a SP, will have a Battle Royale mode developed by Raven instead

GribbleGrunger said:
Thank God for Nintendo and Sony.

And Bethesda, Chucklefish, CDPR, Ubisoft, Blizzard and more. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

On Xbox 22.3% of CoD WW2 players have beat the campaign and 50.4% have beat the first mission in the campaign(D day mission).

Chazore said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Thank God for Nintendo and Sony.

And Bethesda, Chucklefish, CDPR, Ubisoft, Blizzard and more. 

Microsoft as well :)

Proud to be a Californian.

jason1637 said:
VGPolyglot said:
I don't believe this myself, I just can't see them skipping a single-player campaign.

According to the rumor it was in the works but because of the early release date they scrapped it.

If true, there goes any chance of me getting the game down the line (to be fair the only COD games I own are the 3 Modern Warfare titles anyway so I guess it's a bit disingenuous to leave that caveat out).

shikamaru317 said:

Well, I have lost all interest. Was looking forward to it since it was supposedly the first modern CoD setting since MW3 in 2011. Zero interest now though, Treyarch sucks at multiplayer, I never liked zombies, and I don't like battle royale.

Infinity Ward MW4 2019 rumors better be true, I need my modern CoD fix asap.

That's blasphemy.

Around the Network

Wait, so according to rumours, MW2 remastered won't have multiplayer, and boIIII Won't have single player. What if they bundled the the two together at $60?

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

I'm the biggest single-player fan in the world, but this really doesn't other me. Treyarch can't make a single-player campaign to save its life, so why not focus resources where it can make the biggest difference? Black Ops losing its campaign is like Metroid Prime 2 losing its multiplayer.

In fact, why not go one step further? Make the Infinity Ward games focused only on single-player -- Infinite Warfare featured an extraordinary campaign and dismal multiplayer -- and the Treyarch games focused only on multiplayer. Play to those studios' strengths, Activision.

I'm reluctant to believe there won't be some sort of campaign component. But maybe they not a linear, story driven, single player experience.

I'd be interested in seeing something like multiplayer co-op missions you can replay with narrative in them. Kinda like Left 4 Dead.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

It’s interesting to see what they’d have to do to actually alienate their fan base. I can see this frustrating their fans but it’ll probably be top 3 in sales for games released this year.

Mar1217 said:
So, get rid of the SP but then add a freaking Battle Royale mode because of the latest trend. Man, this game's gonna get deserted soon like Ghost was.

Why not go Free-to-play at this point when their main income is with microtransactions/loot-boxes money too ?

Thats llike saying most AAA games should be free to play since most revenue comes from microtransactions and lloot boxes.