By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: CoD Black Ops 4 wont have a SP, will have a Battle Royale mode developed by Raven instead

jason1637 said:
Mar1217 said:

Cuz that's what they are : "AAA" Free To Play games with an expensive entry fee

uh no. For WW2 i havent bought any microtransactions and have got my $^) worth without feeling at a disadvantage for those that buy cod points.

Well, you've been sensitized to the matter since long ago I would believe. And I don't think that's the case for the casual(majority) part of the fan base, who doesn't have the same awareness.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Mar1217 said:
So, get rid of the SP but then add a freaking Battle Royale mode because of the latest trend. Man, this game's gonna get deserted soon like Ghost was.

Why not go Free-to-play at this point when their main income is with microtransactions/loot-boxes money too ?

Thats llike saying most AAA games should be free to play since most revenue comes from microtransactions and lloot boxes.

Most AAA games don't garner the majority of their revenue from microtransactions and loot boxes though. That's only the Activision and EA ones.

Go with the times, go with the times...

Ka-pi96 said:
jason1637 said:

Thats llike saying most AAA games should be free to play since most revenue comes from microtransactions and lloot boxes.

Most AAA games don't garner the majority of their revenue from microtransactions and loot boxes though. That's only the Activision and EA ones.

Activision, Take 2, EA and Ubisoft have all reported that they make more money from microtransactions than actually game sales and on a yearly basis they make most of the AAA games.

jason1637 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Activision, Take 2, EA and Ubisoft have all reported that they make more money from microtransactions than actually game sales and on a yearly basis they make most of the AAA games.

Not all of their games even have microtransactions though. Can't think of any in the likes of Civilization or XCOM for Take 2. Were there any in Mass Effect Andromeda for EA either? I expect in most of those cases it's a minority of games making the majority of that microtransaction revenue (COD/Overwatch for Activision, GTA for Take 2, FIFA for EA) so that could still mean the rest of their games make more money through sales.

I don't think they do make most of the AAA games either. Not when there's Square Enix, Capcom, Konami, Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, Sega etc also putting out plenty of games.

Around the Network

I could see this happen, and then they'll slap om a SP campaign for 40$ as DLC for the 'fans' .

EDIT: Also the Battle Royale mode will be used for selling skins as microtransactions.

Last edited by Stefan.De.Machtige - on 18 April 2018

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

personally dont care... as I dont play CoD, however Ive heard alot of people actually say they enjoy the single player in them.

And just like that, they killed COD. I used to buy COD games, because it was a good deal. SP campaign, MP and Zombies. If they added battle royale to the mix that'd be great, but sacrificing one their iconic modes for PUBG wannabe is a really bad choice. What's more disappointing, the change is coming in one of the Treyarch's games, IMO the best COD dev out there. 

If true better be F2P or sell at 20 bucks at most. PUBG and Fortnite are monsters because the first is 20 bucks and the later is free.

People won't play another BR game if they have to spend 60 bucks on it, period.

Remember when Instagram started doing Stories?

Well, this is new.

Read.