By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God of War shows original final fantasy-esque games are not dead, take THAT, Square Enix!

Can Square Enix successfully go back to its roots with Final Fantasy?

Yes. I can already see th... 5 35.71%

No. 9 64.29%

Total:14

I don't get how God of War proves what you're saying.God of War PS4 is a good bit different from the games we got on PS2/3 and PSP.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
As confusing as the OP is, i think i understand what hes saying.

Even though the new GOW is quite a bit different from previous entries, its still GOW at its core.

You really can't say that about FF, its so far fron where the series started that they really share nothing outside of the name.

Oh ok, the OP should just copy and past this and post it as the OP. Makes way more sense.

NobleTeam360 said:
I don't get how God of War proves what you're saying.God of War PS4 is a good bit different from the games we got on PS2/3 and PSP.

It's similar.

There is a change of combat system in GoW which is similar to FF change to action rpg etc(whatever it is).

The difference is GoW is upping everything in all facets including the story and there is an iconic character you recognize in the new game. Final fantasy however does everything wrong by showcasing nothing recognizable from the series but chocobos, airships, magical monsters, different worlds, confusing lores and constant changes in battle systems. That's basically enough changes that could last a lifetime for most games. lol

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

kurasakiichimaruALT said:
Xen said:
kurasakiichimaruALT shows original threads without coherent opinions are not dead, take THAT, VGChartz!

I don't know you

But we know you >.>

Lube Me Up

LMU Uncle Alfred said:

I don't know you

But we know you >.>

I don't date fans and stalkers. :p

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

Around the Network
twintail said:

, they just have to keep the final fantasy theme alive that we all come to love. God of war may have change to Norse myth and the combat system is now different but it's still God of War with a better story and less rage!

maybe, just maybe.... you should actually define what this means.

:)

twintail said:

maybe, just maybe.... you should actually define what this means.

How informative.

- Tidus fantasy.

The tale of flawed individuals teaming together as a band of friends, while caught in the middle of an epic quest has been prevalent in all Final Fantasy games, XV included. If anything, you're making this thread even more weird by not providing any tangible definition of it to your OP.

Wright said:

- Tidus fantasy.

The tale of flawed individuals teaming together as a band of friends, while caught in the middle of an epic quest has been prevalent in all Final Fantasy games, XV included. If anything, you're making this thread even more weird by not providing any tangible definition of it to your OP.

Lightning was a bit of a Mary Sue. Newer Final Fantasy characters are almost bishounen types. Where's ugly beautiful when you need one? Where are my Red, Caith Sith and Kupo? Why there are no female playable characters in FFXV? Why are everyone almost white? I can go on if you want. Kthxbye

Funny thread. Comparing ff to gow lol