By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What happened to "SQAURE ENIX" after Ps2 era?

m0ney said:
Barozi said:
They bought Eidos, which is was of the best moves in the gaming industry.

Batman Arkham Asylum
Just Cause 2
Just Cause 3
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Sleeping Dogs
Hitman Absolution
Hitman
Tomb Raider
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Thief
Life is Strange

All very good games.

Only one third of those games are good.

And only one third of your post is good.

Look, I can do it too....

Around the Network
TranceformerFX said:

You must be trolling. Sure, Spirits Within was a passion project of Sakaguchi that should have never been green-lit. But when he left Square Soft, he took his creative magic with him and Square hasn't made a great game since. 

If anyone needs/needed to be fired at Square. It's F***ING TETSUYA NOMURA

You mean the same creative magic behind less recent underwhelming works such as Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey and maybe even The Last Story ? 

I don't trust them anymore, SS logo was like a seal of brilliance to me, no matter how good 3rd party publishers become they will never reach SS in those days (SNES-PS1 era)
I think the company kept on bleeding it's best talents till there was no comeback , square went from the company that lunches Chrono trigger to lost sphere from a perfect 10 out of 10 to I don't know....
This isn't gonna change they lack the ability to work so hard with many great titles even if they say they do, mobile games is where they can produce right now

What happened? A wreckage. Why? Well some company couldnt be as great as used to be forever. Times change. Consoles change and companies too. There’s a constant change in employees, chiefs and so. Even software changes constantly. This happens in every sector of media entertainment and other areas. Furthermore political tendencies harm and deform every mainstream entertaiment media. Videogames arent the exception. Barely some companies remain and Square Enix isnt invict of this harmful events. But like I already told times change,companies change. Disney for example or Fox ,Warner or Microsoft. These arent even close of what they used to be. Is not like Im apologizing for Square Enix or Sony or Nintendo mistakes , or whatever big company comes to mind. But seems very common. Its hard to assimilate but that it.

Square died the moment they became Square-Enix. The last great FF was the last one released under just the Square name. Something must have happened internally during that time which affected development... some business men sticking their noses into places business men should stay out of is my guess.

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
TranceformerFX said:

You must be trolling. Sure, Spirits Within was a passion project of Sakaguchi that should have never been green-lit. But when he left Square Soft, he took his creative magic with him and Square hasn't made a great game since. 

If anyone needs/needed to be fired at Square. It's F***ING TETSUYA NOMURA

You mean the same creative magic behind less recent underwhelming works such as Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey and maybe even The Last Story ? 

To each their own, sure. But personally, Lost Odyssey is one of the best JRPGs from the last two console generations.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Yeah, I guess after the Ps2 Era, they just couldn't replicate something as good as The Bouncer ever again.

Or Driving Emotion Type-S, they were really firing on all cylinders back then.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
The only problem is this, no leaders that make good decisions. After ff12 is bad decision after bad decision. Just look at ff 15, look at the development of ff 7 remake that is taking the same mistakes, The leaders there dont learn with mistakes.

Holy shit if i was the leader there xD

-FF14 director making ff16, he saved ff 14 from disaster and made one of the best mmo of all time.
-Tabata cleaning toilets.
-Take Nomura from all projects and make him focus only on Kingdom Hearths. When kingdom Hearths he can work on remake.
-After Kingdom Hearths is done that team will start work on ff6 remake.
-Drop inhouse engines, all teams use Unreal.

3 teams, one for FF7 remake only, focus there all time until its done.
Second for ff16.
Third for FF6 remake.

Good thing you're not at the helm.

- Get Hiroyuki Ito, father of the ATB and Gambit systems, and [co]director of VI, IX and XII, to direct FF XVI

- Nomura finishes KHIII and them join Kitase's team to finish FFVIIR. Once that is done, that team go on to produce a current tech level remake of FFVI.

- Third team works on something entirely new, or work on a new Chrono title that focuses on time traveling the way the first game did. 

- Nothing against them using the Luminous Engine again, since the engine is now fully functional and they have experience with it. But I don't care if they use UE4 either. The important thing is that their games comes out on a timely manner. So they have to use whatever they must to achieve that.

- No need to put too much focus on remakes the way you did. We need new games. 

- Also, Sakaguchi got on stage for the release date reveal event of FF XV. Do whatever to court him back. Even if only to act as a consultant.

Last edited by Hynad - on 16 April 2018

GoOnKid said:

My gf disagrees with you, she enjoyed Type-0 very much, although it's unnecessarily gory.

I didn't mind the gory aspect. It's just that I found it one of the worst games I've ever played. Every single aspect of its design is infuriatingly bad or dumb in some way or the other. It's what made me dread Tabata getting to direct a mainline entry, though I have to say I ended up liking XV.

It's not fucking kickstarter. They don't need to update us on everything we don't need to know. They are quickly losing the veil of mystery and shock factor which is very important with narrative games. That's what great with Nier. That's what's bad with FFXV.

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p