By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon 2 Outsells Original!! :D

Awesome.

Around the Network

Ten million by the end of the lifespam is becoming more and more plausible.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Nice!

I guess the sales could increase with the release of the octo dlc. Hope this won't be the last one.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

The success of the Switch really allowed the sales of this game to thrive, compared to the original which was tied to the original.

Around the Network

I'm thinking 10 million lifetime as long a Splatoon 3 doesn't come out anytime soon.

Well, Mario Kart 7 sold 14 million units on a system that had 75 million lifetime total. Mario Kart 8 sold 7.5 million on a system that had 14 million lifetime total. Then we have to factor in that the 3DS had a low attach rate, due to people upgrading their systems. Splatoon did about 4 million on a system that sold 14 million lifetime. So, even if the Switch does poorly in the next few years only selling 75 million lifetime, we should expect 10+ million sales of Splatoon 2.

IMO the 5+ million selling games on the Switch will be...

BotW
Odyssey
Splatoon 2
Smash
Animal Crossing Switch
Poke'mon Switch
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
BotW 2 (They have to make this. They just do!)

Cerebralbore101 said:

Well, Mario Kart 7 sold 14 million units on a system that had 75 million lifetime total. Mario Kart 8 sold 7.5 million on a system that had 14 million lifetime total. Then we have to factor in that the 3DS had a low attach rate, due to people upgrading their systems. Splatoon did about 4 million on a system that sold 14 million lifetime. So, even if the Switch does poorly in the next few years only selling 75 million lifetime, we should expect 10+ million sales of Splatoon 2.

IMO the 5+ million selling games on the Switch will be...

BotW
Odyssey
Splatoon 2
Smash
Animal Crossing Switch
Poke'mon Switch
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
BotW 2 (They have to make this. They just do!)

Luigi's Mansion 3 will also be there

Going buy oficall Nintendo numbers, Splatoon 2 sold out Splatoon 1 few days after 31. December, at 31. December both Splatoon 1 and Splatoon 2 were at 4.91m, Splatoon 2 with first quarter of this year is probably at around 5.5m.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html

That's nice and all, but that's just passing it. It's gotta go way past that now! I'm hoping it could at least double the sales of the original.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread