By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which is Your Favourite God of War Title?

Which is Your Favourite God of War Title?

God of War (2005) 107 7.42%

God of War II 246 17.05%

God of War III 444 30.77%

God of War: Ascension 18 1.25%

God of War: Betrayal 4 0.28%

God of War: Chains of Olympus 17 1.18%

God of War: Ghost of Sparta 24 1.66%

None - I don't like the series 174 12.06%

None - I haven't played any of them 333 23.08%

I can't decide between them! 76 5.27%

Total:1,443
CrazyGamer2017 said:
GOWTLOZ said:

So its like having a favourite movie based on audio clips from certain sections of a couple of movies. Its an acceptable opinion, can't argue something subjective but its not one that matters and not relevant to a poll like this.

Actually it is relevant to this poll since this poll is about which game you favor the most.

A poll about which game you enjoyed playing the most would be one where my impressions would not be relevant until I play the games but it is not what this poll is about.

Actually defending this poll as being only relevant to those having played the games is what would kill the poll and make it irrelevant because ONLY those who played ALL games could answer the poll then. If you missed even one game in the poll you could not answer it since you wouldn't have knowledge of all games to judge which one you like better.

A movie is a different matter. I would never say I love this movie based on a trailer. I would only say "this movie seems interesting to watch" but I'd need to see the movie to say I love it. but with all the info you have on video games nowadays, critics, reviews, trailers, game play, discussions, debates and demos, you know a game so well that you can decide you will love a game or not in advance. At least I can and I have never been wrong so far, I have never picked a game thinking I will like it and ended up hating it, it has never happened to me yet.

Now I agree that playing a game gives you the ultimate knowledge about that game, it's the last step in knowing a game and if you play a game you know it better than me If I haven't played it, true. But I can know a game well enough before playing it to answer a poll that asks about a favorite game. And that's all this poll is about: A favorite game and NOT which game you enjoyed playing the most.

The information you talk about games is mostly available for movies and just any media nowadays. Demos are the only ones that are relevant because you play a part of the game. Critics, reviews, discussions, debates exist because everyone feels differently about a game by playing it and that's what it is, you might feel differently when you've played the games. You can decide the quality of a game in advance? That's a first.

I don't know how you can have a favourite among a series you haven't played. Guess I'm just too old school to care about gameplay mechanics and level design.

Around the Network
GOWTLOZ said:

The information you talk about games is mostly available for movies and just any media nowadays. Demos are the only ones that are relevant because you play a part of the game. Critics, reviews, discussions, debates exist because everyone feels differently about a game by playing it and that's what it is, you might feel differently when you've played the games. You can decide the quality of a game in advance? That's a first.

I don't know how you can have a favourite among a series you haven't played. Guess I'm just too old school to care about gameplay mechanics and level design.

I never said I can decide the quality of a game prior to playing it, I said I can decide that I like a game prior to playing it. And if by the same token I decided I don't like other games I also have not played, I can therefore say this game is my FAVORITE, in other words, the game I favor over others.

If it's a first to you it's not a first to me. Cause yes I can do that and like I told you I have so far never been wrong.

I already know I will love the new God of War because the qualities I heard in reviews are elements that I care about, the game play discussed in videos I have seen is one I care about, the graphics shown in videos I care about, the way Kratos wields his ax is something I care about. The relationship he has in the game with his son is something I care about. The fact this is a story driven single player game is something I care about. So do you want to bet that I will absolutely love this game? I know that in advance because I know enough elements of the game to know that I will love it.

I assume it's the same with everyone but maybe I'm wrong about that, maybe I'm the only one who knows myself well enough to know in advance which games I will love and which I will hate.

Last edited by CrazyGamer2017 - on 19 April 2018

Probably the one coming out tomorrow or at least I hope so. Otherwise God of War 3 close followed by the second a first entry. The PSP entries share a third place. Fourth is GOW 2 and last is Acension.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar