By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which is Your Favourite God of War Title?

Which is Your Favourite God of War Title?

God of War (2005) 107 7.42%

God of War II 246 17.05%

God of War III 444 30.77%

God of War: Ascension 18 1.25%

God of War: Betrayal 4 0.28%

God of War: Chains of Olympus 17 1.18%

God of War: Ghost of Sparta 24 1.66%

None - I don't like the series 174 12.06%

None - I haven't played any of them 333 23.08%

I can't decide between them! 76 5.27%

Total:1,443
BraLoD said:

Betrayal is cute but is not even up for contest xP
Chains of Olympus is good, but Ghost of Sparta is an amazing game for a handheld, one of the most impressive games to the PSP, though sadly the PSP did not have two analog sticks and it suffers a bit from it.
Now for the console ones, Ascension being a prequel is the lesser one, even if it is one of the PS3 most impressive games and it deserved more than what it got, it has some really cool stuff going on for it, it's just not as good as it should, being God of War.
And finally from the main trilogy, gladly the best ones, it kept getting better as it was going on.
1 is a great game and was very interesting when it came out, it was already one of the best games on the PS2 but Santa Monica outdid themselves a bit after with 2, is one of the absolute best and most impressive games for the system, and the only thing that prevent it from being a masterpiece is that they delayed the climax for the next game, it's not wrong to call direct sequels, but in the end it feels like you achieved no major goal (even though you did, that was getting the Titans back and get them to your side to invade the olympus) and was needing more.
Then we get to 3 and my my, what an absolute masterpiece it is, it sits on my all time top 10 ever since it released up until now, the game was the testment of what both the PS3 (even though some other games as Ascension itself showed the PS3 could actually do even more later on) and the series could achieve, it was exceptional at everything and it was bloody fun.
So yeah 3 deserves called the best, and IMO also one of the best games of all time.

This pretty much sums up exactly how I feel about each games too :)

Around the Network

Played two of them. 3 and Ascension. I thought 3 was great and Ascension was terrible, so obviously 3.

Out of the ones I played (1, 3, Chains of Olympus, Ghost of Sparta), the first one was my favourite, I remember having the most fun with that one.

I've played 1,2 ( the PS3 remasters ), and 3. It's kind of a tough call, but going with 3 by a hair.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

3 is my favorite, though I could see people making a case for 2 being the best. 3 is actually one of my all time favorite games.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

I recently went through all of them so let me rank them:

1. Gow 3
2. Ghost of sparta
3. Gow 1
4. Chains of Olympus
5. Accension
6. Gow 2

**** i played all of these on Hard (titan) mode, so I'm taking into account Story, gameplay, world design, bosses and puzzles****

BraLoD said:

Betrayal is cute but is not even up for contest xP
Chains of Olympus is good, but Ghost of Sparta is an amazing game for a handheld, one of the most impressive games to the PSP, though sadly the PSP did not have two analog sticks and it suffers a bit from it.
Now for the console ones, Ascension being a prequel is the lesser one, even if it is one of the PS3 most impressive games and it deserved more than what it got, it has some really cool stuff going on for it, it's just not as good as it should, being God of War.
And finally from the main trilogy, gladly the best ones, it kept getting better as it was going on.
1 is a great game and was very interesting when it came out, it was already one of the best games on the PS2 but Santa Monica outdid themselves a bit after with 2, is one of the absolute best and most impressive games for the system, and the only thing that prevent it from being a masterpiece is that they delayed the climax for the next game, it's not wrong to call direct sequels, but in the end it feels like you achieved no major goal (even though you did, that was getting the Titans back and get them to your side to invade the olympus) and was needing more.
Then we get to 3 and my my, what an absolute masterpiece it is, it sits on my all time top 10 ever since it released up until now, the game was the testment of what both the PS3 (even though some other games as Ascension itself showed the PS3 could actually do even more later on) and the series could achieve, it was exceptional at everything and it was bloody fun.
So yeah 3 deserves called the best, and IMO also one of the best games of all time.

I think 3's remaster on ps4 is STILL the best looking game ever. and the surround sound....OMGOSH!!!!!

God of War 3
God of War 2
God of War 1
God of War Ascension

From best to worst, this is the order I enjoyed them. I expect God of War 4 to take the top spot however based on what I have heard.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

My most Favorite is GoW III, the boss fights are just the best. I like the rest but this is my go to.

Ghost of Sparta. But I didn't play it.