By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which is Your Favourite God of War Title?

Which is Your Favourite God of War Title?

God of War (2005) 107 7.42%

God of War II 246 17.05%

God of War III 444 30.77%

God of War: Ascension 18 1.25%

God of War: Betrayal 4 0.28%

God of War: Chains of Olympus 17 1.18%

God of War: Ghost of Sparta 24 1.66%

None - I don't like the series 174 12.06%

None - I haven't played any of them 333 23.08%

I can't decide between them! 76 5.27%

Total:1,443

The third one, I can't remember being so impressed at the start of a game

Around the Network

Finished 1-3, can't decide which is the best for me from 2 and 3, never played the others, felt like I got tired of the game after the first three, but can't wait for the latest one to come out.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

CrazyGamer2017 said:
GOWTLOZ said:

It wouldn't be a real opinion if you go on what you've seen. You can't judge gameplay on video footage of a game.

Well your logic applies too on previous GOW games so by that logic only people that played ALL games can be the judge of which one is the best one and that would be very limiting for the relevancy of the poll.

A poll is nothing more than sampling the opinions and impressions people have about the issue at hand and thus everyone whether having played all games or only a few or even none should be allowed to cast their vote. But in order to do that we need ALL options in the vote and by not giving the option of voting for the new game this poll is incomplete.

Opinions on a game can't be made without playing the game. Infamous looked meh from gameplay footage but I absolutely loved it when I got my hands on it. Same with Devil May Cry 3. There were others that looked better from gameplay videos and when I played them they were not as good.

There is an option for those who haven't played previous games. If you've played 2 of them you can choose but its not a well versed opinion when you have barely experienced any of the others that you may like more than God of War.

For now, GoW 3, but that might change tomorrow.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Ka-pi96 said:
GOWTLOZ said:

Opinions on a game can't be made without playing the game. Infamous looked meh from gameplay footage but I absolutely loved it when I got my hands on it. Same with Devil May Cry 3. There were others that looked better from gameplay videos and when I played them they were not as good.

There is an option for those who haven't played previous games. If you've played 2 of them you can choose but its not a well versed opinion when you have barely experienced any of the others that you may like more than God of War.

A 100% accurate opinion on it can't be made without playing it. But you can still quite easily form an opinion about a game without playing it.

You can make an opinion on a game by the title itself. Its not relevant though. Its a game, not a movie. You have to play it and take part in the gameplay and the game world to know the merits of the game. It may surprise you.

Around the Network
GOWTLOZ said:
Ka-pi96 said:

A 100% accurate opinion on it can't be made without playing it. But you can still quite easily form an opinion about a game without playing it.

You can make an opinion on a game by the title itself. Its not relevant though. Its a game, not a movie. You have to play it and take part in the gameplay and the game world to know the merits of the game. It may surprise you.

Not if your opinion is needed within a poll and a poll is what this thread is all about. Otherwise few people could actually reply to the poll as ONLY those who played EVERY game in this poll could answer which would limit the scope of the poll.

There's a difference between an opinion and a review. You need to play a game to write a review but not to have an opinion and even less to respond in a poll.

Ka-pi96 said:
GOWTLOZ said:

It may surprise you, yes but the majority of times it won't. And you don't have to do any of that to form an opinion about how good a game is/isn't.

It depends on the genre. Hack and slash games look like button mashers if you only ever watched videos of them. Play them and you might discover that they have the deepest combat systems of any game. Games with big cinematic set pieces like Uncharted look impressive in videos but playing them those don't matter, the best moments in Uncharted are the ones where you have to shoot enemies and have player agency.

I've had way too many times where a game was more or less good than it appeared in videos. Videos made Zelda seem like an empty open world. That's true but they didn't do a good job showing what it did amazingly well. It is my GOTY 2017. I've stated others as well that weren't what I expected of them. Its not a movie, its a game. God of War Greek games don't look that fun and interesting in videos, they are some of my favourite games ever made.

CrazyGamer2017 said:
GOWTLOZ said:

Not if your opinion is needed within a poll and a poll is what this thread is all about. Otherwise few people could actually reply to the poll as ONLY those who played EVERY game in this poll could answer which would limit the scope of the poll.

There's a difference between an opinion and a review. You need to play a game to write a review but not to have an opinion and even less to respond in a poll.

Yes you can have an opinion but it would be uneducated. There is big difference between seeing and playing.

GOWTLOZ said:

Yes you can have an opinion but it would be uneducated. There is big difference between seeing and playing.

An educated opinion is not what is asked in this poll. This poll clearly asks which is your FAVORITE GOW title...

I haven't played any GOW game yet but based on what I have seen from all GOW games, this new GOW game is the ONLY ONE I care to play and therefore it is my favorite and that is ALL this poll is about, it's NOT a poll about which title you enjoyed the most playing it's just a poll about which is your favorite.

CrazyGamer2017 said:
GOWTLOZ said:

An educated opinion is not what is asked in this poll. This poll clearly asks which is your FAVORITE GOW title...

I haven't played any GOW game yet but based on what I have seen from all GOW games, this new GOW game is the ONLY ONE I care to play and therefore it is my favorite and that is ALL this poll is about, it's NOT a poll about which title you enjoyed the most playing it's just a poll about which is your favorite.

So its like having a favourite movie based on audio clips from certain sections of a couple of movies. Its an acceptable opinion, can't argue something subjective but its not one that matters and not relevant to a poll like this.

GOWTLOZ said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

So its like having a favourite movie based on audio clips from certain sections of a couple of movies. Its an acceptable opinion, can't argue something subjective but its not one that matters and not relevant to a poll like this.

Actually it is relevant to this poll since this poll is about which game you favor the most.

A poll about which game you enjoyed playing the most would be one where my impressions would not be relevant until I play the games but it is not what this poll is about.

Actually defending this poll as being only relevant to those having played the games is what would kill the poll and make it irrelevant because ONLY those who played ALL games could answer the poll then. If you missed even one game in the poll you could not answer it since you wouldn't have knowledge of all games to judge which one you like better.

A movie is a different matter. I would never say I love this movie based on a trailer. I would only say "this movie seems interesting to watch" but I'd need to see the movie to say I love it. but with all the info you have on video games nowadays, critics, reviews, trailers, game play, discussions, debates and demos, you know a game so well that you can decide you will love a game or not in advance. At least I can and I have never been wrong so far, I have never picked a game thinking I will like it and ended up hating it, it has never happened to me yet.

Now I agree that playing a game gives you the ultimate knowledge about that game, it's the last step in knowing a game and if you play a game you know it better than me If I haven't played it, true. But I can know a game well enough before playing it to answer a poll that asks about a favorite game. And that's all this poll is about: A favorite game and NOT which game you enjoyed playing the most.