By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which is Your Favourite God of War Title?

Which is Your Favourite God of War Title?

God of War (2005) 107 7.42%

God of War II 246 17.05%

God of War III 444 30.77%

God of War: Ascension 18 1.25%

God of War: Betrayal 4 0.28%

God of War: Chains of Olympus 17 1.18%

God of War: Ghost of Sparta 24 1.66%

None - I don't like the series 174 12.06%

None - I haven't played any of them 333 23.08%

I can't decide between them! 76 5.27%

Total:1,443

Without a doubt my favorite is 2, it blew my mind when I played it for the first time in 2012, I hadn't played anything like that on PC, but sadly the game lost steam in the second half, the devs had completely gased out understandably.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

I don’t apply to any of those options. I’ve played several of the games, but I only finished GoW 1 bc I got so disinterested in them after several hours. They were so freakin epic, but I always felt they were missing such a massive opportunity by having a superficial story and characters.

I can’t wait for the new GoW, though (preordered 3 weeks ago), and I think it’s gonna be freaking huge bc of the much-needed changes they’ve made.

3 is my favourite and I understand anyone going with 1, 2, Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta as well.
1 has the most interesting and heavy atmosphere, the puzzles and environmental storytelling of the tale of Pathos Verdes III is to date my favourite environmental storytelling in games. It has the least convoluted plot, not the best, but its the only one that stands well as a standalone game. The combat isn't that good as the rest except Ascension and the platforming and some of the levels are moronic and Jaffe went way overboard with them. Its a classic but a flawed one at that.
2 is the longest game in the series and has the best story and the best side weapons. Its the biggest improvement in the series to date. It had lots of plot twists and improved puzzles and didn't focus on platforming as much which is great.
3 is the most badass game and has the best combat in the series. Its combat is among the best the genre has to offer. It has the best bosses and the best puzzles in the series. The story and ending were not good though. Its still among my favourite games of all time as are 2 and Ghost of Sparta.
Chains of Olympus gave me the most wondrous sense of adventure and the lighter tone of the environments makes it feel different and less brutal than the other games in a breath of fresh air. The Gauntlet of Zeus was a great new weapons and so good they incorporated it in GOW 3. It was the shortest though and the puzzles weren't good.
Ghost of Sparta has the best characterisation of Kratos in the series to date and a fantastic story next only to GoW 2. The Arms of Sparta are awesome and it had really good boss fights and was the first in the series to have an ally fighting 8 years before it would return in GOW. The environments were awesome. Its my favourite portable game of all time.

I can't believe you guys did not add a choice in the poll for the new God of War game. Cause in my case, I never liked this series, never hated it as I do games like COD or GTA but still never really liked it but from what I have seen of the new game I know I will like it and it was going to be my obvious choice in this poll... except you can't choose it in the poll.

3 > 2 > GoS > 1 > Asc > CoO

I expect God of War PS4 to take top spot with ease based on everything I've seen and read, can't wait! :D

Around the Network
CrazyGamer2017 said:
I can't believe you guys did not add a choice in the poll for the new God of War game. Cause in my case, I never liked this series, never hated it as I do games like COD or GTA but still never really liked it but from what I have seen of the new game I know I will like it and it was going to be my obvious choice in this poll... except you can't choose it in the poll.

It wouldn't be a real opinion if you go on what you've seen. You can't judge gameplay on video footage of a game.

I've only played GoW1 and GoW3 and I liked GoW3 more, but I enjoyed both games. Someday I should play GoW2.

GOWTLOZ said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

It wouldn't be a real opinion if you go on what you've seen. You can't judge gameplay on video footage of a game.

Well your logic applies too on previous GOW games so by that logic only people that played ALL games can be the judge of which one is the best one and that would be very limiting for the relevancy of the poll.

A poll is nothing more than sampling the opinions and impressions people have about the issue at hand and thus everyone whether having played all games or only a few or even none should be allowed to cast their vote. But in order to do that we need ALL options in the vote and by not giving the option of voting for the new game this poll is incomplete.

I only played the main trilogy, so I’m torn between 1 and 2. The first one has the absolute best story and the enemy types are very well designed. God of War II has more interesting locations and better puzzles, but the story took a bit of a nose dive (not as bad as the third game though). The enemies that returned from the original are still great, but the new ones have some really simplistic behavior.
Despite that I think ultimately God of War 2 is the better game, even if it owes a lot to the original

I make game analyses on youtube:

FFVI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSO6n8kNCwk
Shadow of the Colossus: https://youtu.be/9kDBFGw6SXQ
Silent Hill 2: https://youtu.be/BwISCik3Njc
BotW: https://youtu.be/4auqRSAWYKU

3, easily. The other games were great too, but God of War 3 had the best pacing. It just kept getting better as you kept facing Gods after Gods in awesome and different ways.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won