By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - [Digital Foundry] God of War on PS4/ PS4 Pro: A Stunning Tech Showcase!

KLAMarine said:

What constructive criticism are we referring to here?

His fans didnt disrespect him or insult him at any moment, in fact they went as far as saying "with all due respect" and "i enjoy your content, and i think you're pretty funny" and yet what was hes reply? essentially: "you are irrelevant, i dont care, get away".

KLAMarine said:
estebxx said:

Or that time he told one dude to literally get cancer and die, only for him to get cancer later on (Karma at its finest).

You hate him because he got cancer?

The fact that you even got to that conclusion is hilarious on its own.

No, i just dont like how he told that one dude to "get cancer and die" which is one of the most toxic and disguting things you could tell someone, and im just pointing out the irony of him being the one who ended up getting cancer.

Last edited by estebxx - on 15 April 2018

Around the Network
estebxx said:
KLAMarine said:

What constructive criticism are we referring to here?

His fans didnt disrespect him or insult him at any moment, in fact they went as far as saying "with all due respect" and "i enjoy your content, and i think you're pretty funny" and yet what was hes reply? essentially: "you are irrelevant, i dont care, get away".

Do we have a link to the original YouTube comment thread?

estebxx said:
KLAMarine said:

You hate him because he got cancer?

The fact that you even got to that conclusion is hilarious on its own.

Here's what you typed originally:

"I used to like this guy years ago but that lasted a very short time, and i started to hate him when

i found out how he treats some of his fans (even those who are giving him actual constructive criticism).

Or that time he told one dude to literally get cancer and die, only for him to get cancer later on (Karma at its finest)."

After the

"i started to hate him when"

implies you are about to provide a reason or list of reasons why you hate him. After this, you type

"Or that time he told one dude to literally get cancer and die, only for him to get cancer later on (Karma at its finest)"

Had you stopped this at

"Or that time he told one dude to literally get cancer and die"

I would have thought you started to hate him after he told someone to get cancer and die but it didn't stop there. It stopped at

"only for him to get cancer later on (Karma at its finest)"

which lead me to think his getting cancer is a reason why you hate him... Or perhaps it was the irony that made you hate him?

estebxx said:

No, i just dont like how he told that one dude to "get cancer and die" which is one of the most toxic and disguting things you could tell someone, and im just pointing the irony of him being the one who ended up getting cancer.

Fair enough. The man has hopefully learned why it's not a good idea to be so toxic online.

KLAMarine said:

Do we have a link to the original YouTube comment thread?

I dont have it and i honestly dont remember the name of the video at all (its been years as you can tell by the old youtube layout).

KLAMarine said:

which lead me to think his getting cancer is a reason why you hate him... Or perhaps it was the irony that made you hate him?

In all honesty i think it still conveyed the message in the way i intended it too, but perhaps my english is not as good as i thought.

KLAMarine said:

Fair enough. The man has hopefully learned why it's not a good idea to be so toxic online.

Not sure if he did or not, but the guy is bleeding subscribers (i dont know the reason as to why though)

https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/totalhalibut

Nice to see that there is a performance mode. I would have liked 60 fps a lot, but I'll take that 45 fps. Rise of the Tomb Raider had around the same framerates in performance mode and to me it was a whole lot more enjoyable than at 30 fps.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Get out of here! This is not possible in the current generation. It's just not possible.

By far the best looking game ever made.

Around the Network
Harkins1721 said:
And totalbiscuit complaining it's not 60fps lol

I'm all for championing 60fps, but when you work yourself up to such an elitist place where you'll never touch a game that runs at 30fps it's just sad.

He won't play botw, horizon, uncharted 4, god of war. Just because they're 30fps games.

Slimebeast said:
Get out of here! This is not possible in the current generation. It's just not possible.

By far the best looking game ever made.

Santa Monica is just one of those studio that puts out a game every now and again that makes you re-think what's possible. 

God of War 2 and Ascension were both freakishly impressive when they released.

4 ≈ One

Barkley said:
Harkins1721 said:
And totalbiscuit complaining it's not 60fps lol

I'm all for championing 60fps, but when you work yourself up to such an elitist place where you'll never touch a game that runs at 30fps it's just sad.

He won't play botw, horizon, uncharted 4, god of war. Just because they're 30fps games.

My point exactly. He’s a very sad individual now. As long as the game has a stable 30fps it shouldn’t be a problem. He gets very annoying

Don't give sad ignorant folks like Total Biscuit the time of day folks, it's not worth it.

This is why I don't like discussion around framerates. They matter to the gameplay but not to the point of making it a whole lot better or worse just by the number of hertz on display. Its mostly relevant to top players, most people don't have the skills to take advantage of that 16ms response time.

Games look a lot better at 60fps, yes that's right but nobody expected this game to run anywhere near that with the way it looks. Good framerates should be applauded and should good graphics they have their merits.