By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - [Digital Foundry] God of War on PS4/ PS4 Pro: A Stunning Tech Showcase!

Aside from some rough textures, the game looks great indeed. Easily the prettiest this year so far.

When you compare it to Ascension it’s a huge leap. Santa Monica is really good at this kind of thing.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

It's just different Sony games competing with different Sony games at this point when it comes to console quality games. I thi k Micorost might focus on framerate still when Gears 5 or Halo 6 come out, and if that is the case it is unlikely anything but Death Stranding or TLOU2 can compete. Maybe Tsushima?

Crazy to think we can get such stunning graphics on such a cheap machine. Even on the base ps4 this looks great. Like the pro will probably be sold for €300 in the next 6 to 8 months. Madnees.

Kerotan said:
Crazy to think we can get such stunning graphics on such a cheap machine. Even on the base ps4 this looks great. Like the pro will probably be sold for €300 in the next 6 to 8 months. Madnees.

That’s one of the reasons why I love consoles. They can get so much from them... and it keeps getting better over time. That’s beautiful optimization. 

Like, compare the first PS4 games with one of its last batches (the last of us 2) next year. It’s almost a generational leap again.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Bristow9091 said:
LipeJJ said:

That’s one of the reasons why I love consoles. They can get so much from them... and it keeps getting better over time. That’s beautiful optimization. 

Like, compare the first PS4 games with one of its last batches (the last of us 2) next year. It’s almost a generational leap again.

Unless the game you pick is Killzone Shadow Fall, which still looks pretty great even now, lol :P But yeah i know what you mean, same thing happened with PS3 too, compare the first Uncharted game with the third, or the first Resistance with the third... or even the GTA games, lol. I mentioned God of War 3 in my previous post, and I still remember when it came out and people couldn't believe the graphics were real, thought it was prerendered footage or something lol, and that's a game from 2010!

I still find the whole beginning impressive, the titans climbing and falling, the battle against Poseidon.It made a lasting impression that´s for sure.

Around the Network

Shelled out for a Pro when my launch era PS4 started having huge disc-eject issues, but its still going to be a while before I can get a nice tv to go with it (currently rocking a 10y/o 32" 720p piece of trash), and this is making me ache for one T-T

someday I'll get to enjoy this in its full glory

looking mint

Dying to see it in action!
Haven't watched the video but if it surpasses games like Horizon Zero Dawn and He'll Blade, we're in for a treat!

Avoid watching this video.... riddled with spoilers.

Don't know what business a tech focused video has showing so many spoilers.

I have seen the display demo in the gamestop with the God of War playing as a demo, and it is just insane and so good looking, really a masterpiece in just its look, cant wait for the story.