By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Earn "Xbox Live achievements" on the Switch - Polygon

melbye said:
Who ever thought Nintendo would be OK with something,like this, Nintendo really has changed

Yeah, they changed so much they decided not to even make a dedicated achievement system! Oh ... wait. 

Around the Network

Awesome, I can get a 4th platinum in Minecraft!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

JRPGfan said:

Does anything else think this could be the start of MS getting out of the hardware bussiness? Going 3rd party?

No. You could get Xbox Live achievements for years in Microsoft games on PC, iOS and Android.

https://www.onmsft.com/news/video-games-xbox-achievements-iphone-android-phones

Azuren said:
This goes back around to why Sony won't play ball with Microsoft: Sony has its own online service with a trophy system, yet Microsoft demands they bend to their system despite Sony being the Market leader by quite a sizeable margin. I would love for Sony and Microsoft to play nice, but not if Microsoft intends to cuckold the PSN in the process.

What are you referring to?

KLAMarine said:
Azuren said:
This goes back around to why Sony won't play ball with Microsoft: Sony has its own online service with a trophy system, yet Microsoft demands they bend to their system despite Sony being the Market leader by quite a sizeable margin. I would love for Sony and Microsoft to play nice, but not if Microsoft intends to cuckold the PSN in the process.

Xbox Live login required to play online with Xbox.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
Azuren said:
KLAMarine said:

Was this not only for Minecraft crossplay?

KLAMarine said:
Azuren said:

I was under the impression it was also for Rocket League. Is that not the case?

Azuren said:

I can see why Sony doesn't allow minecraft. You would have to login to xbox live, and that would be pretty wired to do on PS4.

The don't have a single valid excuse for no crossplay on fortnite or rocket league tho. This if very benefitary for mp game devs who will get a combined and more healthier population of players, with less wait times, better matchmaking, etc, and also for people who have friends with the different consoles from them.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Azuren said:
KLAMarine said:

Why would it be the case? RL is not Microsoft's last I checked...

KLAMarine said:
Azuren said:

Why would it be the case? RL is not Microsoft's last I checked...

So it isn't? I'm genuinely asking.