Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation planed to build another game studio in San Diego, CA

What do you think guys ?

Yes SONY is rocking this gen 15 55.56%

I want to joint this new Studio 3 11.11%

SONY is GOD 1 3.70%

SONY win this generation 4 14.81%

I dont have time for this... 4 14.81%

Total:27
JRPGfan said:
Sony is killing it... and their still getting more? damn.
Is there any announcements about MS getting more studios for xbox games? I feel like that would be more important news.

Sony is smart. They will always keep investing on new studios, they know how it paid off with PS3, for example.

Microsoft of the other hand... as long as they have modest first party support, they will never win a generation.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

I think this new studio is part of Sony's plan to prepare for the PS5. I still think Fall 2020 is the best time unless a competitor makes a surprise move. Fall 2020 would be enough time for a sequel to Horizon: Zero Dawn to not be rushed as a PS5 exclusive launch title.

Do it. Sony's first party output is only improving gen-on-gen.

HeroofFerelden said:
I think this new studio is part of Sony's plan to prepare for the PS5. I still think Fall 2020 is the best time unless a competitor makes a surprise move. Fall 2020 would be enough time for a sequel to Horizon: Zero Dawn to not be rushed as a PS5 exclusive launch title.

I heard that the next Horizon has only just begun being created a month or so ago. I don't have faith it could make any launch window.

#This is for the Player!

Around the Network

I think this will be a sister studio for naughty dog. There has to be a second game in the works at naughty Dog.. What is Josh Scher, writer at naughty doing? he is not involved with TLoU2, and the ad specifically mentions Collaborating with a major studio.. I think we might be getting another Uncharted

But on the other hand SONY I get it why u are building studio in US around big developers, But why on earth did you close down Guerrilla cambridge?? You should have given them a chance to make KILLZONE MERCENARIES 2

This combined with maybe a new purchase as well; Bluepoint perhaps?

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

new studio is always great, seems sony want focus on first party games👍

This news - Is this official now ? :)

Would be really cool. And i need more time for so many great new games on PS4 : )

It seems this new studio is more of a support studio. Right?