By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation planed to build another game studio in San Diego, CA

What do you think guys ?

Yes SONY is rocking this gen 15 55.56%

I want to joint this new Studio 3 11.11%

SONY is GOD 1 3.70%

SONY win this generation 4 14.81%

I dont have time for this... 4 14.81%

Total:27

After a barrage of high quality first IP from SONY this generation, it seems Sony have no indication to slow down or  stop at all from making more and more IP to their PlayStation Fans.  A job list appear on job list site. The job list mention they are going to build new studio

"Sony PlayStation is building a new game development team in partnership with the Visual Arts Service Group (VASG), an award-winning, full-production studio that specializes in Animation, Motion Capture, Cinematics, Art and Scanning.  This is the same world-class team known for its contributions to beloved franchises like Uncharted, Death Stranding, God of War and more.  For more than a decade, we have shared knowledge, support and cutting-edge techniques with the very best developers in the industry: Naughty Dog, Kojima Productions, Guerrilla Games, Santa Monica Studios, Sucker Punch Productions, Bend Studio, Japan Studio, Insomniac Games and more."

Their planed to make a new studio on San Diego,CA 

"Are you an experienced game developer with a penchant for high quality, 3rd person, Action/Adventure games?  Do you enjoy PlayStation’s library of games and their top-tier studios?  Have you always known how beautiful San Diego is, but never found an opportunity to live there?

Then this is the opportunity for you!"

They are planing to make new game by colaborating with other studio as well, probably a colaboration studio or a new studio lead by the old veteran in gaming Industry 

"This high visibility project is being developed in collaboration with a major Sony development studio."  

The responsibilities for now it's likely to be animator 

• Animate and integrate Player and NPC Animations Sets
  • Work with Technical Artists building Animation State Trees
  • Guide other animators in learning more technical aspects of setups to implement animations in game
  • Work with Designers to implement a pipeline for interactive gameplay moments using unique & shared animations
  • Guide Cinematics animation direction along with Principal Artist/Art Directors
  • Collaborate across disciplines to get work done and clear dependencies
  • Work directly with artists, programmers, animators and other game designers to contribute to the vision of the game
  • Additional responsibilities will be assigned as needed 
The Qualifications also match it's responsibilities 
  • Technical proficiency, setting up and adding to Animation Trees
  • Experience implementing and fine tuning melee & ranged combat systems for console
  • Experience with creating and polishing Player & NPC animations
  • Strong and effective communication skills
  • Ability to focus and work without micro-management while adhering to schedules
  • Preferred: 5+ years of systems design experience in either single or multiplayer 3D action games
So what could this means, another high quality IP on the rise?  Will SONY ever stop from making more games. How will their competitor react, and when we will able to hear another info about the game they are working in this new studios. And for sure do you guys interested in joining this legendary team?
Tell me what is your opinion.  

Around the Network

I wish I had talent.

I am exited for the game this new studio will build, I am also happy that SONY created more job for people. I hope we got VGchart forums member to join , the we can have more insider LOL. cough cough CGI cough CGI XD LMAO

Sony is killing it... and their still getting more? damn.
Is there any announcements about MS getting more studios for xbox games? I feel like that would be more important news.

Awesome. Keep feeding us exclusives.

Around the Network

good stuff. lets hope they put out some high quality stuff. more studios is always a good thing

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Sweet. I loved my tour of SOE as a teen and was sad to see them leave the fold. Gonna be cool to have another game studio in SD.

HollyGamer said:
 I hope we got VGchart forums member to join , the we can have more insider LOL

I live in SD and will definitely be keeping an eye on them, though my work/life balance is important to me and I'm not sure if the hours in game development are for me.

I... don't get why they close some studios and then open new ones.

They have run down Psygnosis/studio liverpool and yet here they are opening new studios. I like tat theres new studios but i don't get how not to try and salvage what you got rather than open a new one.

Nem said:
I... don't get why they close some studios and then open new ones.

They have run down Psygnosis/studio liverpool and yet here they are opening new studios. I like tat theres new studios but i don't get how not to try and salvage what you got rather than open a new one.

I don't think it's a coincidence that a lot of noteworthy closures have been in the UK area. Don't know enough to point fingers, though.

TallSilhouette said:

Sweet. I loved my tour of SOE as a teen and was sad to see them leave the fold. Gonna be cool to have another game studio in SD.

HollyGamer said:
 I hope we got VGchart forums member to join , the we can have more insider LOL

I live in SD and will definitely be keeping an eye on them, though my work/life balance is important to me and I'm not sure if the hours in game development are for me.

Nice . But it will probably takes some time , wait another year or two.