By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The PlayStation 5 Is Still A Ways Off - Jason Schreier Kotaku

Tagged games:

So when PS5 will be announce

It will be coming on 2018 1 2.70%

I believe 2019 will be a perfect year 12 32.43%

Nah it's too early 2020 is the right time 19 51.35%

F**ck that i just get PS... 5 13.51%

Total:37
Kyuu said:

bu-but.. but... home consoles' life cycles were supposed to shrink!!!

Who said that?

OT: My guess would 2020, the PS4 is in its peak right now, it would be stupid to cut its wings off this soon.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
StokedUp said:
GOOD, there’s plenty of life left in the PS4. People are far to wanty wanty nowadays.

Agreed.  The current gen has at least 2-3 more good years in it.  

PS5 can comes as late as 2021 or 2022. My backlog is building up fast and doesnt seem like the PS4 is slowing down anytime soon.

my money is in holiday 2019 unless new delays occur with Navi

2020-2021 released window

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
setsunatenshi said:

Navi?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
setsunatenshi said:

Navi?

lol... hopefully way less annoying than that "navi" :D

twintail said:

Nah. Late 2019 maybe. 2020 definitely. Sony has little reason to go earlier and ppl aren't going to jump ship that quickly with PSN signups in affect etc.

Keep cultivating their consumer base. Ps5 with PS4 BC. And thy are basically set for next gen. 

That's if MS got nothing at the moment, but something tells me that MS can't wait for this generation to end and they'll be rushing next X-Box ASAP (meaning 5/6 years cut-off). I wouldn't be surprised if they even hinted something during this year's E3. And I seriously doubt that Sony would completely ignore their main competitors' next steps. They already made that mistake once, after the success of PS2. 

Last edited by Kristof81 - on 11 April 2018

Kyuu said:

bu-but.. but... home consoles' life cycles were supposed to shrink!!!

With diminishing hardware returns that's kind of contradictive to logic especially with a mid gen upgrade.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

JRPGfan said:

2019 is if they want to punish Xbox...

People that just bought a Xbox One X (which basically launched 2018 (late 2017)) would feel burned, if Playstation 5 / Xbox Two launch in 2019.

2020 is if they want to milk in the success & profits:
This could lead to 130-140m console sales down the line, and tons of money made off of this user base.

I think 2020 is more likely tbh.... but I wouldnt rule out a 2019 launch.

For what a slightly more powerful X1X for $400. Talk about a lacklustre upgrade.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar