By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yo-kai Watch 4 announced for Switch, releases 2018 In Japan

Would be nice if we havn't to wait several years for a western release.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
routsounmanman said:
Am I the only one baffled that this is the first serious effort from Japanese third parties yet? And no word yet from Capcom, Square Enix (sure, Octopath Traveler is amazing, but not a high budget / high profile game), Konami, Bandai Namco, etc.

Shin Megami Tensei V, Valkriya Chronicles, BlazBlu X and Tales, the are efforts being made by Japanese developers.

I'll give you SMTV, a game that I'm massively excited for. The others though, pretty niche games. And is Tales confirmed or just rumors? An is it a mainline game or some spinoff?

EricFabian said:
let's hope for full hd game, not a 3DS upscaling

Take a look at Inazuma Eleven Ares, thats probably a decent gauge for Yokai Watch visuals.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
EricFabian said:
let's hope for full hd game, not a 3DS upscaling

Take a look at Inazuma Eleven Ares, thats probably a decent gauge for Yokai Watch visuals.

Indeed. It does look nice. Is it also coming for the Switch?

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Peh said:
zorg1000 said:

Yes, NSW/PS4/Mobile, sometime this summer.

Just last week Level 5 announced that all their future major titles will come to Switch.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Peh said:

Yes, NSW/PS4/Mobile, sometime this summer.

Just last week Level 5 announced that all their future major titles will come to Switch.

That's great. Gonna keep an eye on it.

XD84 said:

The game will release in Summer 2018

Is that Nate grown up? Looks like a new character and that's definitely not Nate friends. Is there any context to this stuff?

routsounmanman said:
Am I the only one baffled that this is the first serious effort from Japanese third parties yet? And no word yet from Capcom, Square Enix (sure, Octopath Traveler is amazing, but not a high budget / high profile game), Konami, Bandai Namco, etc.

Hmmm, that would depend on what we can expect for "big serious efford".  Most big japanese companies don't release as many AAA games as they used to, at least not at the same rythm western devs.

-Square Enix's biggest titles in recent years are FFXV and the eventual FFVIIR. FFXV has yet to be confirmed to the Switch for reasons of power (and the fact they don't know if could get away with just releasing the cartoony mobile version). Octopath seems like a good project, just like Bravely Default was a good project for the 3DS despite not being a massive title. I'd love to know if NieR Automata could fit into the Switch, though.

-Namco Bandai's biggest games as of late haven't been that massive either, focusing on fighting games such as Tekken, DBFZ and Soul Calibur VI. Their most popular projects as of late have been the Dark Souls games, and they are coming to the Switch.

-Sega is bringing a decent number of games to the system. After all, isn't the Switch version of Sonic Forces the best selling one? Valkyria Chronicles 4 is coming, and Atlus always takes their sweet time to move on, and even they are bringing SMTV.

-Konami is in no position to do anything big. Unless they want to port MGS V to the Switch (which would be problematic seeing they'd have to bring the Fox Engine to the system), Super Bomberman R is the most we could expect from them.

-Capcom... is Capcom. That's the company I'm most baffled with in regards to the Switch. It seemed like they were going to support it from the beginning, then they did a 180 and, after seeing the console actually succeeding, did another 180, leaving them completely umprepared for anything big. They didn't bothered with MHWorld and didn't even allowed localization of MHXX for the Switch; they brought an expensive SNES port of SFII threatening with the "gauging interest" excuse and months after that they announce a much complete version of it for almost the same price; they got lazy with their ports and retail releases to the point that most of their collections (RE REvelations, Megaman Classic 1&2 and Megaman X 1&2) have to download half of the game as mandatory download; they didn't bother with a DMC port using the Remaster excuse... The only good thing they've done until now is Okami, and even that they announced it months after the PS4 release.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

With Yôkai 4 releasing this year, will Nintendo hold back Pokemon Switch and save it for 2019? Seems a big problem for Level-5 to clash with Pokemon.

HandofPrometheus said:
XD84 said:

The game will release in Summer 2018

Is that Nate grown up? Looks like a new character and that's definitely not Nate friends. Is there any context to this stuff?

I think it's based on the new upcoming Anime;

Level-5 announced that the Yo-Kai Watch Shadowside anime will start airing on April 13, 2018. The series takes place 30 years after the original games, and stars Natsume Amano, the daughter of the previous main character, as the main protagonist. Natsume must work with other people who have obtained the new Yo-Kai Watches, in order to restore the bond between humans and Yo-kai.

The anime is a sequel to the movie Yo-Kai Watch Shadowside: The Return of the Oni King, which was a crossover film with the GeGeGe no Kitaro series. The movie marked a change in artstyle to creepier looks for classic Yo-kai, which the anime is carrying over.

Since the third game, Keita (or Nathan, in the English versions) grew up, and became unable to see Yo-kai anymore. His duty was completed, and the watch was sealed away. 30 years later, Yo-kai begin to act up again, and his daughter Natsume is chosen as one of the few successors to the Yo-kai Watch.

Yo-kai Watch Shadowside will begin airing in Japan on April 13, 2018.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/02/15/yo-kai-watch-shadowside-anime-give-darker-tone-franchise/

Last edited by Green098 - on 11 April 2018