By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yo-kai Watch 4 announced for Switch, releases 2018 In Japan

Yokai watch wasn't even released in the west was it? Looking at those adds, maybe they are soft rebooting the series with a new cast.

Around the Network
Nem said:

Yokai watch wasn't even released in the west was it? Looking at those adds, maybe they are soft rebooting the series with a new cast.

Yes it was, the first 2 games along with the anime made it over. YW3 will probably come over this fall.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

RolStoppable said:
routsounmanman said:

I'll give you SMTV, a game that I'm massively excited for. The others though, pretty niche games. And is Tales confirmed or just rumors? An is it a mainline game or some spinoff?

Tales is unconfirmed what it is, probably because Namco wasn't sure what they were going to do. At the very least they had a port of an old game in mind; after all, they released Tales of the Abyss (originally a PS2 game) for the 3DS.

SMT V was announced very early, it seems. As in, the game hadn't even started production. Who knows how far along that one is.

As for the question why third parties haven't put out or announced more high profile games yet, it's because Nintendo is always expected to fail.

SMTV has begun production. They showed screenshots not long ago iirc.  

The new anime looks great and will probably make for some great gameplay but we’re just now getting Busters (released 2015 in Japan) and Yokai Watch 3 (released 2016 in Japan). We’ll probably have to import YW4 if we want to play it before 2020.

I’d love to see them take a note from Ni No Kuni’s gameplay. It’ll be interesting to see how they move forward, especially if they manage to get Jibanyan in Smash.

Holding back would imply that it will be ready by 2018, which I highly doubt it is. I think Pokemon is 2019 or later no matter what.

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:

Holding back would imply that it will be ready by 2018, which I highly doubt it is. I think Pokemon is 2019 or later no matter what.

Ya i highly doubt Nintendo would change their planned release of Pokemon based on Yokai, however i could see Level 5 discussing with Nintendo about Pokemon release to figure out the best time to release Yokai.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I can see that as well. It'd be very awfully tough for Yokai Watch to compete when it's up against its daddy.

Oh wow! Summer is Very close! I guess that proves that what ever Nintendo will announce at e3, you can expect it to still release this year.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

ryuzaki57 said:
With Yôkai 4 releasing this year, will Nintendo hold back Pokemon Switch and save it for 2019? Seems a big problem for Level-5 to clash with Pokemon.

If Yokai Wach releases in July, August or early september. Pokemon releasing in mid or late November seems fine. Especially if YW 4 is July

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
ryuzaki57 said:
With Yôkai 4 releasing this year, will Nintendo hold back Pokemon Switch and save it for 2019? Seems a big problem for Level-5 to clash with Pokemon.

If Yokai Wach releases in July, August or early september. Pokemon releasing in mid or late November seems fine. Especially if YW 4 is July

Ya thats true, i forgot all 3 Yokai games released in July.