By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yo-kai Watch 4 announced for Switch, releases 2018 In Japan

zorg1000 said:
Jranation said:

If Yokai Wach releases in July, August or early september. Pokemon releasing in mid or late November seems fine. Especially if YW 4 is July

Ya thats true, i forgot all 3 Yokai games released in July.

Oh really? Lol I didnt even know that when I typed it. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Jranation said:
zorg1000 said:

Ya thats true, i forgot all 3 Yokai games released in July.

Oh really? Lol I didnt even know that when I typed it. 

Lol yep

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I'm wondering if Yokai Watch is still popular in Japan. After releasing all those different versions and spin-offs, it sort of looked like the series was starting to lose some steam. It'll be interesting to see the sales of this one, and what the change up for this sequel.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Well, let's hope YW4 stops the decline of the series. It being on a thriving platform like the Switch will certainly help it.

routsounmanman said:
Am I the only one baffled that this is the first serious effort from Japanese third parties yet? And no word yet from Capcom, Square Enix (sure, Octopath Traveler is amazing, but not a high budget / high profile game), Konami, Bandai Namco, etc.

Talking about Bandai Namco, Dark Souls is coming out next month, bigger games require more time, I am sure we will have some more bigger announcements from Devs that you mentione in next couple of months.

Around the Network
Green098 said:
HandofPrometheus said:

Is that Nate grown up? Looks like a new character and that's definitely not Nate friends. Is there any context to this stuff?

I think it's based on the new upcoming Anime;

Level-5 announced that the Yo-Kai Watch Shadowside anime will start airing on April 13, 2018. The series takes place 30 years after the original games, and stars Natsume Amano, the daughter of the previous main character, as the main protagonist. Natsume must work with other people who have obtained the new Yo-Kai Watches, in order to restore the bond between humans and Yo-kai.

The anime is a sequel to the movie Yo-Kai Watch Shadowside: The Return of the Oni King, which was a crossover film with the GeGeGe no Kitaro series. The movie marked a change in artstyle to creepier looks for classic Yo-kai, which the anime is carrying over.

Since the third game, Keita (or Nathan, in the English versions) grew up, and became unable to see Yo-kai anymore. His duty was completed, and the watch was sealed away. 30 years later, Yo-kai begin to act up again, and his daughter Natsume is chosen as one of the few successors to the Yo-kai Watch.

Yo-kai Watch Shadowside will begin airing in Japan on April 13, 2018.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/02/15/yo-kai-watch-shadowside-anime-give-darker-tone-franchise/

Oh wow interesting. Did not think Nate was going to get replaced so fast.

No footage?
Maybe a new direct next month or until E3 to see it?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Cloudman said:
I'm wondering if Yokai Watch is still popular in Japan. After releasing all those different versions and spin-offs, it sort of looked like the series was starting to lose some steam. It'll be interesting to see the sales of this one, and what the change up for this sequel.

The three versions did 1.9M combined physical. It wasn’t great, but the 3DS hasn’t been doing so hot with software lately in Japan and their hardware numbers are pretty low. US/UM only did 1.6M (granted they’re basically “complete” versions of the previous entry), but it goes to show how quickly 3DS software is in decline and show that Yokai Watch isn’t in quite as dire a situation as some make it out to be.

Pavolink said:
No footage?

They always release screenshots of the game first in CoroCoro Magazine and we’ll probably get some footage from Japanese commercials sometime in May. Yokai Watch has never gotten its own direct and the localizations are usually just a quick segment since Nintendo published them previously.

Jaxyfoo said:

God of war has never been available on Amazon UK for some reason.  I presume Amazon has botched ordering.  Luckily the UK has no reliance on Amazon like the US, and for pretty anything gamers go to other online sites where you get lower prices, free delivery and often receive the games a day earlier.  It has been that way that Amazon UK is irrelevant since mid last gen unfortunately, so no guide for anything there.

Ulternia said:
Cloudman said:

The three versions did 1.9M combined physical. It wasn’t great, but the 3DS hasn’t been doing so hot with software lately in Japan and their hardware numbers are pretty low. US/UM only did 1.6M (granted they’re basically “complete” versions of the previous entry), but it goes to show how quickly 3DS software is in decline and show that Yokai Watch isn’t in quite as dire a situation as some make it out to be.

Pavolink said:
No footage?

They always release screenshots of the game first in CoroCoro Magazine and we’ll probably get some footage from Japanese commercials sometime in May. Yokai Watch has never gotten its own direct and the localizations are usually just a quick segment since Nintendo published them previously.

2.2m so far...

You ignore the 300k packs sold containing both of the games.

Pavolink said:
No footage?

Does Japan get a separate e3 Nintendo direct? Or theres only 1? (In english)

Pocky Lover Boy!