By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yo-kai Watch 4 announced for Switch, releases 2018 In Japan

Now I'm thinking Jibanyan is going to be in Smash Bros to represent Yo-kai Watch and Level-5.

Around the Network

This has a good chance of being a big hit on Switch not only in Japan but I think being on Switch will give it a better chance of succeeding in the west too.

If Yo-kai Watch 4 and a Pokemon or Animal Crossing game releases on Switch this year the Switch's sales numbers in Japan will be crazy.

Last edited by Green098 - on 10 April 2018

let's hope for full hd game, not a 3DS upscaling

Click HERE and be happy 

Another Japanese Switch exclusive, the list is growing. Many franchises that used to be PS exclusive are also coming to the Switch (and PC). Good to see Japanese developers are finally waking up after wasting many years on unpopular consoles.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

twintail said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Don't Nintendo have a deal with Level 5 with this? I mean, Nintendo is the one publishing the games in NA and Europe, and considering it's a handheld series first and foremost, the jump to PS4 isn't probably of that much worth.

They have published Inazuma 11 as well. Ditto DQ games (from SE).

I think its somewhat surprising following Inazuma 11's move to multiple devices. But if they want to stick with Switch only then I am sure they have their reasons.

I remember our back and forth on this matter. Anyway, the reason I think they stuck with is because of the mobile aspect of the platform. It was logical to me because the previous iterations were 3DS exclusive.

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
Another Japanese Switch exclusive, the list is growing. Many franchises that used to be PS exclusive are also coming to the Switch (and PC). Good to see Japanese developers are finally waking up after wasting many years on unpopular consoles.

These games were never on playstation 

pastro243 said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Never said it was. Note the word "also" in that sentence.

And there were some forum users here who thought Yokai Watch was going multi-plat.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

sounds good, we'll see if switch can keep the franchise alive

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Alkibiádēs said:
pastro243 said:

Never said it was. Note the word "also" in that sentence.

And there were some forum users here who thought Yokai Watch was going multi-plat.

I never thought it would anyway. Always said there was an outside chance and hoped it would. 

If anyone knows or remembers, the first ever Yo-Kai Watch trailer back in 2011 before it revealed any platforms, showed the first ever footage of the game in HD;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNhdtGJdqNU

It looks pretty good, I'd be very happy if Yo-kai Watch 4 on the Switch looks anything like what I'm guessing is the original build for the game which may of meant to originally be for the PS3.