By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yo-kai Watch 4 announced for Switch, releases 2018 In Japan

Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

It seems thats exclusive to Switch.

Level-5 CEO Akihiro Hino recently stated that all future main games from the company would be released for the Nintendo Switch – and it seems like he wasn’t kidding. Yo-kai Watch 4 has been announced in the latest edition of Famitsu, and it will be released exclusively for the Switch.

https://nintendoeverything.com/yo-kai-watch-4-announced-for-switch-releasing-2018-in-japan/

He didn't say they would be all exclusive though?

And from what I see they never said yw4 was exclusive either although I expect it to be. 

They wouldnt say that if they have no source. I know how much you love the Yokai Watch series from creating that "Yokai Watch on PS4" wishlist thread. But who knows..... if Capcom can make a new MH game outside of Nintendo consoles, then Level 5 can too............ 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

We didnt even get the 3rd one localised to play on the 3DS(I liked the first two)!

Will this Switch version be translated for the west?

Probably,but they still have to localize the third one so it might take a while.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Not that surprised it's exclusive given the series' history and the Switch tearing up Japan Yokai does best in Japan after all.

YW4 Logo:

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

Okay, maybe now's the time I hop onto this series if they're all brought to the switch.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:
Alright, let's see if this franchise truly has a place among the big boys.

its already dying, their chance for switch was near launch but its gone now

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Arminillo said:
PAOerfulone said:
Alright, let's see if this franchise truly has a place among the big boys.

its already dying, their chance for switch was near launch but its gone now

That's a pretty pessimistic view.  If they are serious about making this a big jump over the last 3, it could revitalize the series.  Now it could immediately begin decaying again if they proceed to once again run it into the ground, we'll have to wait and see.

Getting to 30 million is a bit easier going forward it would seem. Yokai can generate sales in Japan.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Another reason why I think Pokemon will be 2019. If Animal Crossing does come this year along with Smash, and Fire Emblem and now Yokai Watch 4, I don't know if there'll be enough hardware to go around. I still stand firm on the idea that Pokemon will be an early 2019 release in the same vein as Zelda: Breath of the Wild and experience a massive blowout within the release months, and ride the wave up until the holiday season. Makes sense for Level 5 and Nintendo.

Sunstrider said:
Okay, maybe now's the time I hop onto this series if they're all brought to the switch.

Does it mention any other Yo-Kai than the 4th?
That said I agree they should port 1,2,3 to the Switch.