By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yo-kai Watch 4 announced for Switch, releases 2018 In Japan

Okay, maybe now's the time I hop onto this series if they're all brought to the switch.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:
Alright, let's see if this franchise truly has a place among the big boys.

its already dying, their chance for switch was near launch but its gone now

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Arminillo said:
PAOerfulone said:
Alright, let's see if this franchise truly has a place among the big boys.

That's a pretty pessimistic view.  If they are serious about making this a big jump over the last 3, it could revitalize the series.  Now it could immediately begin decaying again if they proceed to once again run it into the ground, we'll have to wait and see.

Getting to 30 million is a bit easier going forward it would seem. Yokai can generate sales in Japan.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Another reason why I think Pokemon will be 2019. If Animal Crossing does come this year along with Smash, and Fire Emblem and now Yokai Watch 4, I don't know if there'll be enough hardware to go around. I still stand firm on the idea that Pokemon will be an early 2019 release in the same vein as Zelda: Breath of the Wild and experience a massive blowout within the release months, and ride the wave up until the holiday season. Makes sense for Level 5 and Nintendo.

Around the Network
Sunstrider said:
Okay, maybe now's the time I hop onto this series if they're all brought to the switch.

Does it mention any other Yo-Kai than the 4th?
That said I agree they should port 1,2,3 to the Switch.

Ka-pi96 said:
Switch only? That's disappointing especially after they announced Inazuma Eleven for PS4.

It was to be expected.

Ljink96 said:
Another reason why I think Pokemon will be 2019. If Animal Crossing does come this year along with Smash, and Fire Emblem and now Yokai Watch 4, I don't know if there'll be enough hardware to go around. I still stand firm on the idea that Pokemon will be an early 2019 release in the same vein as Zelda: Breath of the Wild and experience a massive blowout within the release months, and ride the wave up until the holiday season. Makes sense for Level 5 and Nintendo.

I agree. I’ve been saying this... Pokémon is probably a March game or something due to the reasons you mentioned, and the fact that it probably needs time for polishing and adjusting performance.

Releasing in 2018 would be a waste and an overkill. Smash, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem and now this are enough to help Switch reach 20m this year.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

From what I understand, the Yokai games are full of padding, and grinding. I tried the demo, and the world was cool, but the automatic combat, and the mini-games to do supers were really off putting. I like to have pinpoint decision making abilities in my RPGS, and this didn't give me that. Combat felt like chaos, but also felt really easy.

But then again, Level 5 is one of my favorite developers. So maybe the series will improve with the Switch version.

Nuvendil said:
Arminillo said:

That's a pretty pessimistic view.  If they are serious about making this a big jump over the last 3, it could revitalize the series.  Now it could immediately begin decaying again if they proceed to once again run it into the ground, we'll have to wait and see.

Yes -D it makes no sense. It makes you wonder :)

Ontopic: what is  " Things that will surprise everyone"

Some kind of AR (in a new cool way) or some "good way" to use amiibos or multiplayer..I dont know.. but it sounds very interesting